ADVERTISEMENT

Monday Recruiting Nuggets, sponsored by Craddock Oil (11:02 a.m.)

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009

Don't post in this thread. You know the drill.

The dead period begins today and runs through Jan. 15. No in-person visits are allowed during this period. Here's the exact rule: "The dead period, scheduled to coincide with winter holidays and the annual American Football Coaches Association convention, begins the Monday of the week in which mid-year junior college transfers can begin signing the National Letter of Intent. It ends the Wednesday of the week of the AFCA convention. For 2013-14, Dec. 16 through Jan. 15 is now a dead period. The FBS supported this proposal, but the FCS did not because its coaches need more time to discuss it. Army and Navy may seek a temporary exception from this new rule if the date of this season's game makes it difficult for them to follow it."

Check out the weekend nuggets if you missed them.

Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze and assistant Chris Kiffin visited Rivals100 standout Rashaan Evans from Auburn, Ala., yesterday. Evans plans to visit Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Ole Miss prior to National Signing Day. He's already visited UCLA. The Rebs are new to the party and not in the top tier, but they've made enough of an impression to get in the game.

"I will try and get over there for a visit," said Evans about Ole Miss. "There were about four of them and they told me they are in here late, but they hope to land an official - that's it. They are hoping an official might sway me."

Nyles Morgan is the Rivals.com Recruit of the Week

It's possible CJ Hampton announces today which day he plans to publicize a final decision. He was supposed to sit down with his family last night to hash everything out one last time. His father, Calvin, confirmed that with Andrew Bone. As we mentioned last night, it appears he visited Alabama with his family after leaving Montgomery yesterday.

This post was edited on 12/16 11:03 AM by Chase Parham

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News