ADVERTISEMENT

Morning thoughts

KentuckyReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2005
Really happy to get a win in Auburn at night. That place looked like it was jumping.

The first thing that comes to mind is the level of experience on this team. Without that kind of maturity Ole Miss probably loses a game like this, or last week against Arkansas. So proud of the way we have kept our composure late in games and finished off teams that we are obviously better than.

Think about the number of experienced seniors that are on the field for Ole Miss. These are all guys that that have played an absolute TON of football and are contributing.

Gordon
Stone
Ukwu
JJ
Josh Harris
Ivey
Johnson
Wynn
Cistrunk
Baptiste
Montgomery
Coleman
Anthony
Gaddie
Prince
Saunders
Walton
Young

Tre Harris
Franklin
Wade
Watkins
Prieskorn
Bentley
Curne
James
McGee
Warren

The portal has been kind to us and this absolutely can’t be expected year after year.

That’s a number of experienced seniors that I dont ever remember Ole Miss having available in my lifetime. Remember this next season when we are replacing this group. It’s not going to be easy.

We are very lucky to have the group of high level coaches that we do. I’m not sure there is a more football savvy trio in the league than Lane, Charlie and Pete.

Nice to see the offense starting to put it all together. Jaxson was a bit off last night but he was banged up and still didn’t make the backbreaking mistakes that have happened to us in high leverage situations in the past. The kid is a cool customer and takes far more criticism from the peanut gallery than he’s ever deserved. He’s a stud and I’ll take him leading my team any day.

The running game is becoming consistent and as we get more and more healthy the passing game isn’t far behind. Selfless of Harris to move into the slot, a position he’s never played, and still make several big plays last night. Awesome to see it start to come together for Franklin. We are going to need his playmaking and experience to beat aTm and Georgia down the stretch. He was a 50/50 ball machine at UTSA and we’ll need that moving forward. Great to see Prieskorn make a few plays last night. He’s so physically imposing and such a force in our running game. He’s kinda the straw that stirs the drink.

The OL is really coming together and it’s happening at a time where we will need all facets of our offense performing at a high level to get to where we want to be.

Great to sneak out of Auburn with a win. Doesnt happen often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News