ADVERTISEMENT

My SEC stadium experiences.

chattreb

All America Prospect
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2008
I have been to all of the current SEC stadiums with the exception of LSU, Arkansas and A&M. Some I have been to many times, and here are my thoughts and please feel free to agree or disagree.

Tennessee. Stadium is quite ugly and there is not a tremendous amount to do pregame. The fans are very passionate and can get a little unruly at times, and yes I was there when they threw mustard.

Vandy. I love going to Nashville, and I do not mind the stadium other than when there is a large crowd and they can not handle that many people at the concession stands. I also hate hearing that loud ship horn.

Florida. I really enjoyed Gainesville and it the loudest stadium that I have ever been to. Now they have undoubtedly the worst behaving students. I had a kid before the game get in my face and said F Ole Miss while he was doing the Gator Chop.

Missouri. I like the town of Columbia and the stadium is fine, but there is not a lot of passion for football there.

Kentucky. Very similar to Missouri. The fans were basically very nice with the exception of one, which is a long story. The drive to Lexington while passing the horse pastures was exceptional.

UGA. The town was nice and we found a very nice restaurant and had a blast. I was somewhat shocked at virtually no tailgating scene, or at least we never found it. The stadium was very impressive all around.

South Carolina. Awful. It is located at the fairgrounds near a bunch of trucking terminals. The stadium was ok, but I would very board on game day if that is where I had to go.

Auburn. Probably my favorite other than Ole Miss. The seating is well laid out. The town is quite nice and believe it or not the fans have always been nice to me when I went there. Actually I saw two of my favorite games there 1999, and 2003.

Alabama. Stadium is impressive. Actually the fans are fine and I guess the reason is they are so confident that they will win. I was not impressed with the corporate looking Quad. I pray that the Grove never becomes that.

MSU. I will never ever go back there again under any circumstances. I had no problem with the stadium, but the fans are just plain crazy. I was there in 2013, and had to wait for my daughter to be excused from her band activities and their fans started taunting me and every other OM fan that they could find, and let’s just say that I am lucky to be alive.

In summary, I have seen some very impressive venues over the years but no place comes even close to our game day in Oxford.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News