ADVERTISEMENT

My take on the MS Flag...

ericwindham

SEC Champion
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2009
Just wanted to give my take. From a Mississippi born, mostly conservative, dude living in TN.

I love that flag(the Confederate Battle flag). Not b/c I'm racist. Not b/c I love my traditions. I love it, b/c as a 41yr old man, I still remember seeing that flag when I was 2/3 yrs old and thinking "That's Ole Miss". I had no idea what slavery was. I just knew when I saw that flag, it was Ole Miss. That's why I love it.

But, it's time to let it go. Its fate was sealed the moment white supremacists took it up as there symbol. It's been fought for and somehow managed to stick around for way longer than one could expect(if you really think about it). But, it is a symbol of the Confederacy, therefore a symbol of slavery whether you like it or not. And, the fact that it's been hijacked/adopted/whatever by the KKK and other groups just means it's time.

Sorry if this offends. A flag is supposed to be a symbol that represents a group and our current one doesn't do that. Change it, get rid of it altogether, I don't care.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News