ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA investigates Ole Miss for Obama's ENTIRE SECOND TERM

RebReb

Two-Star Prospect
Apr 19, 2002
NO OTHER SCHOOL IN HISTORY has EVER faced this level of scrutiny! Ridiculous! While other schools continue to do what Ole Miss is being accused of AND MORE, nobody looks at them while the NCAA continues to have Ole Miss under the microscope for OVER FOUR YEARS. I'm not even sure we have put near this level of scrutiny into looking for nukes in Iran or North Korea.

THIS IS ABSURD!!!! The school needs to sue for SIGNIFICANT damages and pursue it until the NCAA understands that they do not have a dictatorship where anything goes. The governing organization needs to have some level of responsibility where they are required to treat all member institutions the same and fairly - and right now they are doing anything but. Guidelines need to be in place to prevent this type of stupidity from EVER happening again - at Ole Miss or anywhere else.

Investigate ANY school for this long and at this level and you will find what you have found here and exponentially more.

NO OTHER SCHOOL IN HISTORY has EVER faced this level of scrutiny! Ridiculous! While other schools continue to do what Ole Miss is being accused of AND MORE, nobody looks at them while the NCAA continues to have Ole Miss under the microscope for OVER FOUR YEARS. I'm not even sure we have put near this level of scrutiny into looking for nukes in Iran or North Korea.

THIS IS ABSURD!!!! The school needs to sue for SIGNIFICANT damages and pursue it until the NCAA understands that they do not have a dictatorship where anything goes. The governing organization needs to have some level of responsibility where they are required to treat all member institutions the same and fairly - and right now they are doing anything but. Guidelines need to be in place to prevent this type of stupidity from EVER happening again - at Ole Miss or anywhere else.

Investigate ANY school for this long and at this level and you will find what you have found here and exponentially more.
Isn't there a member of the Mississippi State legislature who proposes suing the NCAA for dragging this out? Played football at OM as a walk-on, I've heard. Not likely to become into fruition, but it's a good idea. Maybe Trump can solve this corruption-and that's what it is!

Reactions: Fishing123

WELL SAID ........AGREE 100%.

Isn't there a member of the Mississippi State legislature who proposes suing the NCAA for dragging this out? Played football at OM as a walk-on, I've heard. Not likely to become into fruition, but it's a good idea. Maybe Trump can solve this corruption-and that's what it is!
The Representative's name is Trey Lamar. He's endorsing a bill which proposes that the NCAA be fined daily as the case against us drags on. Anyone remember him when he was an RB walk-on for OM?

USC was a long one. They once investigated LSU for over 2 years in the 80s. They finally sanctioned a coach for buying a recruit's friend a hamburger, drink and fries at a McDonalds. The kids were going to play in a basketball game that night and the visit was cut short. The report said that they knew there was more but couldn't find it. They said if they ever found anything later on LSU they would make them pay for concealing facts in this investigation. About 10 years later they illegally LSU's basketball program.

Whoever is assigned to is needs to pay ms state income tax. Ridiculous doesn't describe this witch hunt. NCAA should pay a business tax for operating for more tha 6 months.

The NCAA isn't dragging the investigation out, Ole Miss is.

Remember around this time last year Ole Miss got its NOA. At that point, it appeared the NCAA was wrapping up the investigation. Then the Tunsil texts are revealed on draft night. And the NCAA has to go back and start all over. Why didn't Ole Miss tell the NCAA about the Tunsil payment arrangement from the get-go?

This is dragging out because now the NCAA has to start all over again and see if there's anything else that Ole Miss didn't tell them about.

The NCAA isn't dragging the investigation out, Ole Miss is.

Remember around this time last year Ole Miss got its NOA. At that point, it appeared the NCAA was wrapping up the investigation. Then the Tunsil texts are revealed on draft night. And the NCAA has to go back and start all over. Why didn't Ole Miss tell the NCAA about the Tunsil payment arrangement from the get-go?

This is dragging out because now the NCAA has to start all over again and see if there's anything else that Ole Miss didn't tell them about.
Ole Miss did NOT do it. Some idiot coach decided to have his way, bowed to the pressure of winning, did it on his own, lent a few grand, and rightly got fired for it. Boosters in Oxford became involved as they allowed his car bill to slide. If Freeze had any knowledge of this, it would have been OVER! Tunsil would never have played for Ole Miss as his hands were sullied by his stupid decisions in accepting bribes. That's my feelings, and I believe they are based in fact. Anyone else support this? I know I'll catch hell from Blindside.

Ole Miss did NOT do it. Some idiot coach decided to have his way, bowed to the pressure of winning, did it on his own, lent a few grand, and rightly got fired for it. Boosters in Oxford became involved as they allowed his car bill to slide. If Freeze had any knowledge of this, it would have been OVER! Tunsil would never have played for Ole Miss as his hands were sullied by his stupid decisions in accepting bribes. That's my feelings, and I believe they are based in fact. Anyone else support this? I know I'll catch hell from Blindside.

That's the head in the sand approach. Freeze is the man in charge, he is the man who hired said coach, who at one point had a show cause attachted to his name, he was a known cheater at multiple schools. For other coaches to turn OM in, anyone outside of the OM fanbase realizes there had to be quite a big going on. OM bought Tunsil, Mark Richt was one of the coaches turning him in and Tunsil made it easy, Free cars, free housing and utilities for the family, you think a mad stepdad didn't spill his guts where it was coming from? I remember that big speech of Freeze's, if anyone had information on OM wrongdoings to contact OM's compliance office, nice try Hugh, they went to the NCAA instead, weren't going to tell you what to hide.

That's the head in the sand approach. Freeze is the man in charge, he is the man who hired said coach, who at one point had a show cause attachted to his name, he was a known cheater at multiple schools. For other coaches to turn OM in, anyone outside of the OM fanbase realizes there had to be quite a big going on. OM bought Tunsil, Mark Richt was one of the coaches turning him in and Tunsil made it easy, Free cars, free housing and utilities for the family, you think a mad stepdad didn't spill his guts where it was coming from? I remember that big speech of Freeze's, if anyone had information on OM wrongdoings to contact OM's compliance office, nice try Hugh, they went to the NCAA instead, weren't going to tell you what to hide.
So Freeze is guilty but Mullen wasn't when the State assistant bought a recruit a car and put State on probation? You dogs are really dumb.

Reactions: HightowerReb
Ole Miss did NOT do it.

I'm not talking about what Ole Miss did or did not do, other than this: Last year at this time, the NCAA was wrapping up the investigation because they couldn't find anything else, and Ole Miss assured them they had told them everything and there was nothing else to investigate.

Then the Tunsil texts come out on draft night, which Ole Miss didn't tell the NCAA about. So the NCAA does the only thing it can do:

It reopens the investigation, and assumes since Ole Miss didn't tell them about the Tunsil texts, that they might be hiding something else.

Again, Ole Miss is the one dragging this out, not the NCAA.

So Freeze is guilty but Mullen wasn't when the State assistant bought a recruit a car and put State on probation? You dogs are really dumb.

A state assistant didn't buy any recruits anything. He gave a booster access to a Recruit, who apparently paid for some
Stuff. There is also some more huge differences. MSU quickly, immediately fired the coach, released our NOA immendiately to the general public, disassociated the booster and self reported all of it. The investigation was swift and just. We got our penalties that were deserved and it's done. Ole miss lawyered up, lied to everyone about what was going down, fought tooth and nail with the NCAA to hopefully not get any punishments and now want to blame everyone but yourselves. Mullen caught a lot of heat for what one of his assistants did but he fired that guy immediately before the investigation had even started. Tell me again when Freeze fired anyone in the first NOA? Geeze, your head coach had boosters present at in home visits with recruits! Come on man! He is in on it too and you know it. Your hearts will all be broken when you see what he really is.

Reactions: BlindsideHeckler
A state assistant didn't buy any recruits anything. He gave a booster access to a Recruit, who apparently paid for some
Stuff. There is also some more huge differences. MSU quickly, immediately fired the coach, released our NOA immendiately to the general public, disassociated the booster and self reported all of it. The investigation was swift and just. We got our penalties that were deserved and it's done. Ole miss lawyered up, lied to everyone about what was going down, fought tooth and nail with the NCAA to hopefully not get any punishments and now want to blame everyone but yourselves. Mullen caught a lot of heat for what one of his assistants did but he fired that guy immediately before the investigation had even started. Tell me again when Freeze fired anyone in the first NOA? Geeze, your head coach had boosters present at in home visits with recruits! Come on man! He is in on it too and you know it. Your hearts will all be broken when you see what he really is.

Ranch has been wrong about literally every aspect of the Ole Miss NCAA investigation. Actually impressive in a way.

I'm not talking about what Ole Miss did or did not do, other than this: Last year at this time, the NCAA was wrapping up the investigation because they couldn't find anything else, and Ole Miss assured them they had told them everything and there was nothing else to investigate.

Then the Tunsil texts come out on draft night, which Ole Miss didn't tell the NCAA about. So the NCAA does the only thing it can do:

It reopens the investigation, and assumes since Ole Miss didn't tell them about the Tunsil texts, that they might be hiding something else.

Again, Ole Miss is the one dragging this out, not the NCAA.
Well, yeah, that's we are being investigated for. I beg to differ with you that we didn't have some sort of reply to the NCAA-"We are looking into this," or "We just found out and now we are launching an inside inquiry." I'm sure this happened, and it was sudden. But to say Freeze is responsible is not fair to our program. How could he have known? And if he did, it was pretty obvious that things would be revealed in very little time and he'd be looking for a job at a shoe store.

But to say Freeze is responsible is not fair to our program. How could he have known?

It's his job to know. So much so that the NCAA has a charge specifically if he doesn't know: Failure to Monitor.

If Ole Miss gets slapped with a FTM, Rebel football is done for at least a decade.

They need to sue them and the head of the NCAA covered up academic fraud at LSU while Saban was there. Sue and put them in jail.

They need to sue them and the head of the NCAA covered up academic fraud at LSU while Saban was there. Sue and put them in jail.
Not sure what night school you attended for your law degree, but it is quite clear you don't know the difference between a civil suit and a criminal case.

And they should. So what is the delay? If it's Coach Freeze, I believe he has a right to know what he is accused of. He hasn't said anything about failure to monitor, nor has the NCAA. We can only speculate.

Who said there's a delay? Ole Miss and Freeze will get their day in court before the COI once the investigation is wrapped up. At that point, Ole Miss will present its case and defense. That will likely happen next Summer at the earliest, as I've told you for months.

The NCAA will then take that testimony and pass final judgement. There's no evidence of a delay, and Freeze cannot comment on the specifics of the investigation.

Who said there's a delay? Ole Miss and Freeze will get their day in court before the COI once the investigation is wrapped up. At that point, Ole Miss will present its case and defense. That will likely happen next Summer at the earliest, as I've told you for months.

The NCAA will then take that testimony and pass final judgement. There's no evidence of a delay, and Freeze cannot comment on the specifics of the investigation.
I know, you've told me that for months. But that's what I'm hearing. Coaches who have been interviewed state "soon" within "2 to 3 months." I read it somewhere on this web sight.

I know, you've told me that for months. But that's what I'm hearing. Coaches who have been interviewed state "soon" within "2 to 3 months." I read it somewhere on this web sight.

That's because they believe Ole Miss would appear before the COI in the Summer. If that happens, Ole Miss will be made aware of the charges against them in..........2-3 months.

Then Ole Miss will have 2-3 months to get their defenses in order before appearing before the COI, which would probably happen in July or August.

See how it all fits together?

I believe Freeze got overwhelmed by the severity and surprise of the accusations placed against his team. He's never been through anything like this. Knowing he's a person of strong character, these accusations placed against him were not intentional. It's NOT an excuse, but maybe his ignorance may be forgiven judging by his character, and winning record. I don't believe he should be fired, regardless of the NCAA outcome. Blindside? Anyone got an opinion on this?

I believe Freeze got overwhelmed by the severity and surprise of the accusations placed against his team. He's never been through anything like this. Knowing he's a person of strong character, these accusations placed against him were not intentional. It's NOT an excuse, but maybe his ignorance may be forgiven judging by his character, and winning record. I don't believe he should be fired, regardless of the NCAA outcome. Blindside? Anyone got an opinion on this?

My opinion is that the NCAA doesn't investigate a school this long unless there's something there. My opinion is that Freeze is far from the angel his fans believe him to be, and the NCAA will make that known when they rule.

He hired a proven and known cheater, who had gotten several other schools in trouble, and he got OM in a mess. CHF had to know that when he hired him. Is he naive enough to think all those out of state kids decided to play for a team who hadn't done much in 50+ years and a coach barely removed from coaching HS ball without some type of incentive? If he knew or not, it's his job to know whats going on under his watch. I understand he has done for OM football what hasn't been done in awhile, but how it happened is very likely to put OM football at one of its lowest points, one it will take awhle to recover from, OM isn't USC with celebrities walking the sidelines every week.

Reactions: Reblarry
Don't underestimate the roll Bjork played in all this. If the sanctions are severe, he has to go.

Reactions: Reblarry

State fans are two faced. Mullen got State put on probation for buying a recruit a car and paying recruits not to visit Ole Miss at $1000 a pop but that's OK. As of right now Ole Miss is still under investigation but Freeze should be fired before his day in court. So far the most serious allegations are things done during Nutt's tenure. During Freeze's tenure a former baseball season ticket holder gave some kids a ride to a game and bought them tickets. That adds up to less than $250. One coach let a recruit sleep on his sofa. Two players kept their loaner cars too long. One coach lied about a burner phone. The electric bill isn't even an allegation but if true that's still a long way from buying a car for a recruit. If you add up all the values of what the Ole Miss kids got it's still less than what State paid out. Oh, and the NCAA has the video of Leo Lewis asking for money and telling a coach what State offered him. I guess he lied, huh? the NCAA also has a witness who witnessed Simmons receiving money and who gave it to him. You people had better worry about your own hides.

State fans are two faced. Mullen got State put on probation for buying a recruit a car and paying recruits not to visit Ole Miss at $1000 a pop but that's OK. As of right now Ole Miss is still under investigation but Freeze should be fired before his day in court. So far the most serious allegations are things done during Nutt's tenure. During Freeze's tenure a former baseball season ticket holder gave some kids a ride to a game and bought them tickets. That adds up to less than $250. One coach let a recruit sleep on his sofa. Two players kept their loaner cars too long. One coach lied about a burner phone. The electric bill isn't even an allegation but if true that's still a long way from buying a car for a recruit. If you add up all the values of what the Ole Miss kids got it's still less than what State paid out. Oh, and the NCAA has the video of Leo Lewis asking for money and telling a coach what State offered him. I guess he lied, huh? the NCAA also has a witness who witnessed Simmons receiving money and who gave it to him. You people had better worry about your own hides.

Why would I care if State gets put on probation, major sanctions or even the death penalty? Does moving the families to Oxford not count? You are living an a fantasy world, Tunsil's stepdad or whatever he was, they guy OM moved to Oxford, spent 2 days giving more information than you are willing to admit. While many schools will get by with things, smalls schools with a small fanbase in a poor state are used to be made examples of. OM is going to be the example that others need to play nice. The electric bill isn't an allegation? So all players go to the coaches and ask for money to pay utility bills or just the ones OM was already providing illegal benefits?

Reactions: BlindsideHeckler
Why would I care if State gets put on probation, major sanctions or even the death penalty? Does moving the families to Oxford not count? You are living an a fantasy world, Tunsil's stepdad or whatever he was, they guy OM moved to Oxford, spent 2 days giving more information than you are willing to admit. While many schools will get by with things, smalls schools with a small fanbase in a poor state are used to be made examples of. OM is going to be the example that others need to play nice. The electric bill isn't an allegation? So all players go to the coaches and ask for money to pay utility bills or just the ones OM was already providing illegal benefits?

Ranch thinks the Ole Miss investigation ended a year ago and that the NCAA is about to issue an apology.

Any day now...

Players go to coaches asking for money all the time. There is a fund approved by the NCAA that is set up to help athletes with financial problems. All colleges have those funds. I don't know if an electric bill would qualify or not or if that is how it was handled but $300 for an electric bill is a lot less than an $8000 car or handing out 10 $100 bills for not visiting Ole Miss is a lot worse. You seem to keep forgetting State's(Mullen's) wrongdoings. And Mullen fired the coach for buying the auto but not the people handing out the $1000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT