ADVERTISEMENT

New commitments keep coming in

Saw Alabama's 2017 recruits. Loaded! Just an opinion question. Is it true to say that CHF and staff coach up mediocre talent, and make such guys better? Based on those Alabama commitments-and not limited to Al-our staff will have to. We can't rely on signing 4-5 star players like Alabama does every year.

Saw Alabama's 2017 recruits. Loaded! Just an opinion question. Is it true to say that CHF and staff coach up mediocre talent, and make such guys better? Based on those Alabama commitments-and not limited to Al-our staff will have to. We can't rely on signing 4-5 star players like Alabama does every year.

You could also say Miss State does the same thing. Ole Miss and Freeze clearly get far more talent than Mullen does, but since 2012 Mullen has the same number of wins at Miss State as Freeze has at Ole Miss.

Makes you wonder how many more wins Ole Miss would have if Mullen was the coach.

You could also say Miss State does the same thing. Ole Miss and Freeze clearly get far more talent than Mullen does, but since 2012 Mullen has the same number of wins at Miss State as Freeze has at Ole Miss.

Makes you wonder how many more wins Ole Miss would have if Mullen was the coach.

So even though your shity coach has been there longer, you are still trying to compare him to Freeze who absolutely owns him? The difference is our coach can beat teams in the top 25 lol

So even though your shity coach has been there longer, you are still trying to compare him to Freeze who absolutely owns him? The difference is our coach can beat teams in the top 25 lol

Wins the last 4 seasons:

Mullen - 34
Rev Freeze - 34

Avg ranking of last 4 classes:

Ole Miss - #14
Miss State - #26

So Mullen has the same number of wins despite Freeze having far more talent.

Which proves Mullen is doing a better job than Freeze is.

Makes you wonder how many more wins Ole Miss would have if Mullen was the coach, I am happy with Coach Freeze. We own MSU.

Last edited:
Wins the last 4 seasons:

Mullen - 34
Rev Freeze - 34

Ole Miss - #14
Miss State - #26

And he's doing it without having the NCAA camped out on his doorstep.

Wins the last 4 seasons:

Mullen - 34
Rev Freeze - 34

Ole Miss - #14
Miss State - #26

Except for a flu ridden Bo Wallace fumble Mullen would be 0-4 against Freeze in the last 4 years. Only a state fan would say losing 3 of 4 to a coach means he's doing a better job.

Except for a flu ridden Bo Wallace fumble Mullen would be 0-4 against Freeze in the last 4 years. Only a state fan would say losing 3 of 4 to a coach means he's doing a better job.

Logic is hard for the Ole Miss fans here. If two coaches have the same number of wins, but one has Top 10 talent while the other has Top 30 talent, clearly the coach with less talent did the better coaching job.

I'll say this: Mullen would have won the SEC last year with wins over Bama and LSU. Still not sure how Freeze screwed that up....

Logic is hard for the Ole Miss fans here. If two coaches have the same number of wins, but one has Top 10 talent while the other has Top 30 talent, clearly the coach with less talent did the better coaching job.

I'll say this: Mullen would have won the SEC last year with wins over Bama and LSU. Still not sure how Freeze screwed that up....

Tell me about Mullen's record vs top 25. How about Mullen's record vs SECW teams? I'll wait. Yeah, Mullen looks like the better coach when Freeze is shredding MS STake every year.

A win is a win, but you must consider the quality of the opponent who lost. For a complete statistical analysis you have to consider data like strength of schedule, strength of opponent, ranking of opponent, and data correlated to CFP. Although a win is a win, all wins are not equal.

A win is a win, but you must consider the quality of the opponent who lost. For a complete statistical analysis you have to consider data like strength of schedule, strength of opponent, ranking of opponent, and data correlated to CFP. Although a win is a win, all wins are not equal.

True but when you are comparing two teams that play in the same division, the schedules are pretty much the same.

OK...Compare Mullen's record to Freeze's on common opponents, top 25 opponents, and head to head. No, it's not necessary. I know how it ends.

It should end with a big advantage for Freeze, because Freeze had a big advantage in talent.

Yet I see the same record the last 4 years and the same number of titles, which is all that really matters.

Better coach? Mullen.

It should end with a big advantage for Freeze, because Freeze had a big advantage in talent.

Yet I see the same record the last 4 years and the same number of titles, which is all that really matters.

Better coach? Mullen.

Head to head, Freeze 3, Mullen 1. Freeze is .500 vs Bama in 4 years and Mullen is O-fer against Bama in 7 years. Freeze wins Sugar Bowl in 4th season, Mullen loses Gator Bowl in 4th season.

You're right, Mullen is a better coach than Freeze.

Reactions: Fishing123
Head to head, Freeze 3, Mullen 1. Freeze is .500 vs Bama in 4 years and Mullen is O-fer against Bama in 7 years. Freeze wins Sugar Bowl in 4th season, Mullen loses Gator Bowl in 4th season.

You're right, Mullen is a better coach than Freeze.

You forgot to mention that Freeze had Top 5 talent and Mullen had Top 30 talent. Give them the same talent and Mullen has more wins.

Obviously. Plus Mullen will still have a job this time next year.

No...Your logic conveniently omitted the strength of schedule and vs ranked teams. Thus a player is a player if a win is a win.

I ignored it cause we are talking about two teams playing in the same division so they play essentially the same schedule. Just like I would ignore talent if both teams were signing at the same level.

Sorry bro. Mullen wins the West last year with Ole Miss' talent. I'm sorry Freeze let you down.

I ignored it cause we are talking about two teams playing in the same division so they play essentially the same schedule. Just like I would ignore talent if both teams were signing at the same level.

Sorry bro. Mullen wins the West last year with Ole Miss' talent. I'm sorry Freeze let you down.
In spite of how you feel about State or Ole Miss, neither are considered patsies anymore. #1 and 2 simultaneously last season and impressive this past season as well. Both coaches have worked out well for their respective teams and equally successful. Never thought I'd see that in my lifetime.

Better coach? Mullen.

I always thought recruiting was part of a coach's job. Your coach can't recruit. The only reason State got Simmons over Bama is because Brown signed with Ole Miss and that freed up the money that was going to Brown to give to Simmons. $85,000. If State boosters hadn't given $200,000 to Malik Newman you could afford more football players. That played out well, huh? Don't be giving out any stock tips here.

I always thought recruiting was part of a coach's job. Your coach can't recruit. The only reason State got Simmons over Bama is because Brown signed with Ole Miss and that freed up the money that was going to Brown to give to Simmons. $85,000. If State boosters hadn't given $200,000 to Malik Newman you could afford more football players. That played out well, huh? Don't be giving out any stock tips here.

You're correct that recruiting is part of coaching, but in OM's case that just means they've upped their payroll. Lol at you accusing State of paying players. Self-awareness is really lacking around here.

If Miss State was buying players then the NCAA would be investigating them as well. Goodness knows Ole Miss is trying their best to get them to go to Starkville, but it's not working.

If Miss State was buying players then the NCAA would be investigating them as well. Goodness knows Ole Miss is trying their best to get them to go to Starkville, but it's not working.

State does buy players and they do get investigated and punished. You seem to forget that in the last 5 years Will Redmon had to sit a year because of a mustang?

They still have Simmons? I thought he beat up on some chick in Starkville. Shame on Mullins if he lets Simmons play! That kinda sh84 has to go!

Wins the last 4 seasons:

Mullen - 34
Rev Freeze - 34

Ole Miss - #14
Miss State - #26

^^^^ LEG HUMPER LOGIC -- is it really fair to hold the first year or two against Freeze since he started with an almost empty shelf? I have a hard time he actually believes the stuff he posts. Then again, ole Gene S. does make a living on these idiots. o_O

M$Ux does not buy players - they just give players money not to go to Ole Miss.

Great to see the new commitments coming in, esp. at LB! Coach Freeze and staff doing wonders once again. In spite of all the NCAA crap, we are still looking good.
Haters must be freaking out. Like little cry babies they expected the NCAA to shut Ole Miss down.

I'm sorry Freeze beat your team the last two years, but that's what he's supposed to do. And essentially the same is not the same. You "ignored it" because it is doesn't support your narrative.

I'm sorry Freeze beat your team the last two years, but that's what he's supposed to do. And essentially the same is not the same. You "ignored it" because it is doesn't support your narrative.

You seem to be ignoring it too, as you keep referencing a mythical advantage Ole Miss has vs ranked teams, but can't document the claim. So until you do, it doesn't exist.

I've already documented and proven that Ole Miss has had a serious talent advantage, but Freeze has the same record since 2012 as Mullen does.

Which is why Mullen has a done a better job than Rev. Freeze has.

You seem to be ignoring it too, as you keep referencing a mythical advantage Ole Miss has vs ranked teams, but can't document the claim. So until you do, it doesn't exist.

I've already documented and proven that Ole Miss has had a serious talent advantage, but Freeze has the same record since 2012 as Mullen does.

Which is why Mullen has a done a better job than Rev. Freeze has.

Freeze is 2-2 against Bama, Mullen is o-fer bama in 7 seasons. Bama is usually a ranked team, right? How about Freeze is 2-2 against LSU and Mullen is 1-3 the last four seasons vs LSU (1-6 lifetime). Freeze 3-1 to Mullen 1-3 head to head the last 4 seasons. Mullen is 2-2 in his last four bowl games while Freeze is 3-1........Sorry, Freeze is way better. And you're afraid of Ole Miss while he's their coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT