ADVERTISEMENT

Next year in the SEC

ranchreb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2004
Oxford
will be interesting. There just aren't many really good QB's in the West. Arkansas may have the best one. Dak is OK but he'll have a new O line. Ole Miss, Alabama, and Auburn will have new starting QB's and school is still out on their abilities. LSU will be returning the same ones and they weren't much help this year.

We could possible have one of the better Qb in the SEC or we could have one of the worst. Depends on how Chad Kelly can handle the role. I would have to assume Freeze will allow him to join the team. I really don't know what other option we have.

If Kelly is our only option, then Freeze needs to get on a QB asap for this class. Kincade and Buchanan are his guys and have now been in the system 2 years. I expect him to coach them up or go find a freshman that can come in and compete for the role. It's unacceptable that he's been unable to find a QB that is better than Wallace.

Kelly is not the answer.

Kelly may not be the answer but I'm pretty positve he's gonna be your QB next year. Thats if he stays out of trouble. Freeze knows he doesn't have another option. He has absolutely no confidence in any one else on campus right now. Pretty sure Cody Pruitt would have started at QB before Kincad or Buchannan. Freeze had Jordon Willkinson taking snaps at the end of the Bowl. And it wasn't some magical package he made for Jordon, he is scared to put the ball in Kincad's hand.

I liked how Buchanan looked for the most part. And he's a lot quicker than I thought he would be. No QB will look great with this O-Line though.

I liked Buchanan and would have been fine with him and DK as our QB. we will see but if our OL sucks as bad as they have next year like they did this year, we will need all 3 qbs. Our OL needs to shape up and put in a lot of work in the off season, they are the reason we did not play in the playoffs yesterday and that is all on Luke

I will never understand for the life of me why he didn't put one of the backup qb's in the game about half way through the 3rd qtr. Ok I know it was Bo's last game and all, but this program is much larger than Bo's legacy. Bo was frustrated, rattled and had no confidence. There we are with basically no other qb with any experience. This would have been a great oppurtunity for one of the other 3 qb's to take some serious reps. I appreciate his loyalty to Bo and all but geez we have a program to think about. There was just no possible way for it to have gotten any worse.

Now you see Freeze's dilemma. Buchanan has the cooler head and makes better decisions but Kincade is more elusive when the blocking breaks down.

Doss?

Not much discussion on Kendrick Doss (RS QB). Signed with us over Auburn because of promised shot at QB. When does he get his promised "shot"? Very good athlete with strong arm!

Re: Doss?

Everybody gets a shot. Nobody's promised jack. Got to earn it.

I'm hoping Kelly can hold it together at Olemiss and we can land Shea Patterson next year.

Re: Doss?

Doss ran the Scout team so there's not much that can be said about him yet. One thing I'll add to the Buchanan/Kincade situation. They are both red shirt freshmen and have plenty of time to become good SEC QB's.

Dak is ok? That's hillarious. Dak broke every offensive record at MSU this year. Had over 3400 yds passing and 14 yds shy of 1000 yd rushing. Only 5 QBs in ncaa history have Ever threw for 3000 and rushed for 1000 and manziel was the first ever in the SEC. Dak was 14 rushing yds shy. He may not be Peyton Manning but he will be the best returning QB for the entire SEC next year, and it's not even close. Jesse Palmer said he needs to improve a little on his deep ball, and he could very well be the 1st pick in he draft next year.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

What a joke. Dak is a good "College" QB only. If he, in your opinion, is going to be that high a draft pick he may want to jump now so the poor record next year will not hinder him going higher in the draft. When state goes back to the bottom feeder they always have been starting next year, the pro teams may take it out of Dak and drop him in the draft. Mullet blew his chance to get out of Cow College when he had his best team that was loaded with seniors.

Originally posted by DCC30:
Dak is ok? That's hillarious. Dak broke every offensive record at MSU this year. Had over 3400 yds passing and 14 yds shy of 1000 yd rushing. Only 5 QBs in ncaa history have Ever threw for 3000 and rushed for 1000 and manziel was the first ever in the SEC. Dak was 14 rushing yds shy. He may not be Peyton Manning but he will be the best returning QB for the entire SEC next year, and it's not even close. Jesse Palmer said he needs to improve a little on his deep ball, and he could very well be the 1st pick in he draft next year.

Prescott should declare for the NFL...His stock will not improve next season without the help of the senior laden team he had this year.

Originally posted by Memphis Rebel:
What a joke. Dak is a good "College" QB only. If he, in your opinion, is going to be that high a draft pick he may want to jump now so the poor record next year will not hinder him going higher in the draft. When state goes back to the bottom feeder they always have been starting next year, the pro teams may take it out of Dak and drop him in the draft. Mullet blew his chance to get out of Cow College when he had his best team that was loaded with seniors.
Hard to leave town when nobody comes a callin'. No one else wants the idiot. He's a perfect fit for MooU.

It will be fun

You never know how crazy things could get. We could pull an Auburn and convert someone from another position, in their case a defensive back, and play him at quarterback. Marshall was not too bad. What we need is someone over six feet tall, between 4.4 to 4.5 forty with good running skills. Do some work on the passing game and turn him loose. Bo Wallace was a true competitive warrior and his never say die nature has to be admired but, man, you could time him with a calendar! I think it would be neat to try Wilkens at quarterback if he can throw and not sure Kendrick Doss doesn't have all the tools we need. I understand Kendrick can throw the ball through a car wash without getting it wet! He could be the man. Just for a fun thought, could you imagine Kailo Moore running a special triple option package. Who would catch him when he turned it upfield? Oh well, enough crazy fantasies, it'll most likely be a battle with our current backups and Kelly.

Color me unimpressed. The best QB you have ever had before dak turned out to be a decent backup fullback in the nfl. Viva la don smith.

Never said we had a rich history of good QBs, that's painfully obvious that MSU has never had a really good QB, until Dak. Maybe his game won't translate over to the NFL but many experts agree he will be one of the top QBs returning next year and just needs to polish his deep ball a bit. He broke the orange bowl record for passing yards, I would say he is a little Better than just ok. Our offense with Dak next year could be even better, our defense, even with losing some pretty good seniors likely can't get any worse than what we had under Geoff Collins. So next year could be as good as 2014.

Dak has been hit so many times

that he's tentative and dances like Fred Astaire when there is any pressure on him. Ole Miss defense ate him alive and he was SCARED.

The MSU offense was effective the first 7 games, but Alabama showed everyone else how to shut it down. Dak was middle of the pack the last half of the season. He will not make it in the NFL.

But I do think he's a good kid and will have a great life outside football. He is tougher than 98% of the earth's population.

Losing 16/17 starters will nullify Daks chances of a big season in 2015 imo. He is good player and likely will be better this year, but there are reasons to doubt that he will live through the season nor have stats as good as this years. I like watching him play, but he still has the young qb issues of making bad decisions under pressure. That will be an area he may improve upon in spring practice & fall practice as he further matures.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT