ADVERTISEMENT

North Louisiana

chanman2010

Starting Ole Miss Quarterback
Gold Member
Jun 1, 2015
Florence
Anyone have any insight on living in north Louisiana? We currently live in Gluckstadt but I work Mon-Thur on the Mississippi coast. Job is wrapping up there and we have opportunities in Colorado and north Louisiana.

Obvious choice is Colorado but the compensation is going to have to be pretty substantial to make the move. Plus we will have to wait for my wife’s business (wedding photographer) to settle in that market so we lose out on income from her if we go there for a while. Plus she’d have to travel back a few times this year for things she has booked. Also, I’d be traveling about 4 months out of the year during winter because our project will come to a halt during the winter. So her and the boys will be living in the mountains Mon-Friday during the snow season.

Louisiana is not the top choice but it’s a safer move with proximity to family and her current market. And it’s way cheaper housing.

I’m having trouble finding anything on safe/good schools in North Louisiana. The internet says it’s a terrible place to live but I’m sure it can’t be much different than Mississippi.

Would love some locals input.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News