ADVERTISEMENT

NY6 Scenarios

NtzReb32

Four-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2012
I’ve kept a good close eye on this the last weeks and through today. After Kentuckys defeat of Louisville we can likely expect them to move behind us in the rankings next week. We should move up to No. 11. Ohio state lose and should fallback but not past us. Had Auburn won and Bama lost again to Georgia next week I think they would have fallen below us at 10-3 but alas they found a way. Florida had a lead on FSU which would have been beneficial for us but they let it slip.

If I’m correct, for us to make our way into the NY6 games we need to get to the No. 10 spot. Here’s why. No. 1 thing is one of the NY6 spots is reserved for the G5 team highest ranked, currently Tulane which is a good win for us. If Louisville loses to FSU next week AND FSU makes the playoff then the Orange Bowl is contractually obligated to get an ACC team which would be Louisville even if they’re ranked behind us and we would be out. If Louisville beats FSU then FSU would fall back but I’m afraid Louisville would jump us again with the ACC crown.

I think it’s as simple as that. We need to get to the 10 spot and have FSU miss the playoff so they can occupy the Orange Bowl slot. OR they could swap us with Penn state but I don’t see that happening. I don’t see anyone ahead of us losing in a conference title game next week and falling behind us. IMO we are all but Orlando bound unless the committee were to put a 12-1 Texas in the playoff over 13-0 FSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News