ADVERTISEMENT

O/T. Sam’s club battery policy

taylorj77

Five-Star Prospect
Gold Member
May 4, 2009
Purchased 3 new Duracell 31 series AGM batteries at Sam’s in December. One quit charging and I assumed I had a bad bank on my onboard charger. Ordered a new charger, spent all afternoon yesterday after church installing said charger, and battery still won’t take charge.

Took battery off today and went to autozone to have tested. Autozone says it has a dead cell. So I take battery, with receipt to Sam’s to exchange. It literally has a sticker on top of battery, “Free 18 month replacement”.

Get to Sam’s only to be told they have a new policy, and all batteries have to stay over night to go through a series of test before they will exchange it. So to make a long story short, now I’m gonna have to make ANOTHER trip to Tupelo tomorrow after work to pick up a battery that I KNOW is bad. What kinda of policy is this?

Just telling You guys so you’ll know. Fortunately for me, this is a battery on a bass boat. It would be the same though if it was your work vehicle. You’d be without said vehicle 2 days. What kind of genius thought this would be a good practice.

I said all this to say say, buy your batteries at a parts house. The $20 I saved by driving to Sams instead of a marine shop will cost me more than that by the time this is all over. Not to mention a $500 onboard charger I bought that I don’t even need, and a whole afternoon standing on my head skinning my knuckles.

DONT USE SAMS/WALMART for your battery needs!!!

By the way, in case your wondering, yes I let them know my frustrations and I do NOT like being that guy, but this is BULL!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News