ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss Football 2023

M.O.B. Rebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2002
Birmingham, AL
This has felt like a better overall coaching job than 2021. Maybe that's just recency bias, but getting this team to 10 wins is nothing short of remarkable. It was supposed to be a rebuilding year and we're going to a NY6 Bowl. We fought like hell in 11 of 12 games. 2024 sets up to be CFP or bust. Here are my 30,000 feet above thoughts (very general):

I'll start with defense because I still believe defense wins championships:
2022 Defense vs the conference: 11th scoring and 9th total
2023 Defense vs the conference: 6th scoring and 9th total again

I've been critical a few times of Golding and his gameplan/in-game calls. But he improved our scoring by more than 4 points in Year One. And I'm really encouraged by his recruiting on that side. He's an elite evaluator... he was first on Benard Causey before he blew up and flipped to Lsu. He obviously knows what an SEC defender looks like and that bodes well for us moving forward.

Offensively, there's a lot to like. But let's be real... we bog down wayyy too much. Big Lane fan here, and I'm not sure if it's him or CWJ. But they need to spend time watching Texas and FSU during the offseason. Those 2 offenses and playcallers are boatloads more creative in finding ways to get playmakers the ball in space. We need to overhaul the OL and hit some portal/Juco WRs. But the 2024 offense with Dart should be ready to cook.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News