ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss gets a pair of commits from a 3-star and a 0-star.

There wasn't a single allegation of paying recruits.

You are going to be devastated in a few months when the penalties are announced. I know you think everyone does it, but the facts are that they don't. At least not to the level that Freeze did/does. He flaunted it in the faces of programs outside of the SEC on Twitter etc and multiple programs turned him in.

Yep, Senquez Golson and Cody Core weren't very good 3 star players. Chad Kelly was a 2 star coming out of JUCO. Wasn't Prescott a 3 star?

Good to see that Rev. Freeze has opened his heart and UNM to the forgotten 2-stars. They will have a place at UNM as long as the NCAA is on campus LMAO!

You are going to be devastated in a few months when the penalties are announced. I know you think everyone does it, but the facts are that they don't. At least not to the level that Freeze did/does. He flaunted it in the faces of programs outside of the SEC on Twitter etc and multiple programs turned him in.
State fans are going to be devsstated by their 5-7 record. The Independence Bowl can take a 5 win team.

Lol, I wasn't even aware there was such thing as a zero star recruit.

Ole Miss breaking all kinds of barriers these days.

No you're going to be devastated. The NCAA isn't going to bail out your shitty program that has really nothing to offer any recruit that another program can't top.

The fact is that every P5 program buys players. Every championship is bought. If you believe otherewise, well, you're living in the very obvious MSU dreamworld that social media has brought to life over the last few years.

"At least not to the level that Freeze does" is the dumbest argument in all of sports. If we paid so much why aren't our classes better? Under Freeze they are 40, 7, 19, 21, & 7. If we were going above and beyond, they would like be much better and we wouldn't lose so many 50/50s and flips around NSD. Literally not one shred of your argument makes logic sense.

Enjoy your dreamworld, thanks for contributing money to your rivals site, & get a life.

Can you provide a link to this idiotic claim, or is this just more of your "inside knowledge" ? You are very fun to laugh at btw. Keep it up.

Let me guess, the fact that MSU went on probation over it and the culprit ADMITTED it doesn't make it true to MSU fans just like a video of Simmons beating up a girl, admitting guilt, and being found guilty basically didn't happen in your mind.

Please come back on here when the NCAA book is closed and our recruiting picks up. The NCAA will be in the rear view mirror just like your program.

Reactions: Fishing123
"At least not to the level that Freeze does" is the dumbest argument in all of sports. If we paid so much why aren't our classes better? Under Freeze they are 40, 7, 19, 21, & 7. If we were going above and beyond, they would like be much better and we wouldn't lose so many 50/50s and flips around NSD.

Not every kid can be bought. Some would rather go to a program where they know they will win titles. Ole Miss may or may not, but history doesn't look good for them in that regard. And if every school paid as much as Freeze they would get investigated and put on massive probation like is about to happen in Oxford. Nobody outside of Mississippi will be surprised.

Let me guess, the fact that MSU went on probation over it and the culprit ADMITTED it doesn't make it true to MSU fans just like a video of Simmons beating up a girl, admitting guilt, and being found guilty basically didn't happen in your mind.

Please come back on here when the NCAA book is closed and our recruiting picks up. The NCAA will be in the rear view mirror just like your program.

So you don't have a link. That's what I thought.

Not every kid can be bought. Some would rather go to a program where they know they will win titles. Ole Miss may or may not, but history doesn't look good for them in that regard. And if every school paid as much as Freeze they would get investigated and put on massive probation like is about to happen in Oxford. Nobody outside of Mississippi will be surprised.

Not every kid can be bought yet all of ours are apparently. LOL.

There are only about 5 places that can legitimately "win titles" right now so how do the other 117 schools sell recruits? If that's the criteria, how does MSU pull any good players? But the fact that you think that's the only thing recruits care about shows how naive you are. FANS care about history. FANS care about titles. Yes some recruits care, but 18 year olds want to go to college in the town where they want to spend 4 years of their life. They care about having fun and meeting girls. A lot care about making the NFL. But to insinuate that kids only care about titles is just completely wrong. That's like saying everyone wants to live in LA, Chicago, or New York b/c they have everything and the most to offer no matter your profession. We all know that's not the case. Many people prefer small towns just like many kids prefer smaller programs. That's called having an understanding of basic human behavior.

At the end of the day it's about relationships, but if you think that boosters don't make it worth their while you are naive. If boosters are willing to pay Nick Saban $7M to win football games, they have no problem tossing a big recruit enough money to make it worth his while. Find me an 18 year old kid who turns down potentially tens of thousands of dollars to play somewhere for free. That's asinine. Kids go where they want to go. If one kid is good enough to be paid at one school, there are at least 10-15 other schools willing to pay, match, or better.

Some of you fans are SO insecure it's pathetic. You guys can't accept that kids don't want to go to your school and/or want to go to the rival school you don't like. Stop being crybabies when someone doesn't pick your school and better your product to make it more attractive.

In terms of history & offering Ole Miss in the FBS is Top 25 All Time in Ws, Top 15 All time in Bowl Appearances, Top 10 All Time in Bowl wins. Oxford as a college town & our campus have both been ranked as high as #2 in the country. We're in the best conference in CFB with incredible facilities, a $100M athletic budget, & boast 25 players in the NFL. What do we not have? Give me a reason why kids wouldnt' consider us.

Last edited:
Reactions: HightowerReb
At the end of the day it's about relationships, but if you think that boosters don't make it worth their while you are naive. If boosters are willing to pay Nick Saban $7M to win football games, they have no problem tossing a big recruit enough money to make it worth his while. Find me an 18 year old kid who turns down potentially tens of thousands of dollars to play somewhere for free. That's asinine.

Saban isn't a good comparison. They get kids that want to make millions after their 3rd year. Much better than a few grand.

But to insinuate that kids only care about titles is just completely wrong. pathetic.

Lol, reading comprehension is definitely not your strong suit. I never said that kids "only" care about titles. I said that appeals to some kids and not all can be bought. Try to keep up.

Saban isn't a good comparison. They get kids that want to make millions after their 3rd year. Much better than a few grand.

Bama has a ton of busts too. You act Bama is the only team to put players in the NFL. If you have over 20 players in the NFL it's a selling point. period. But yes that (Bama) does appeal to some players and that's why they average the 1.2 class over 5 years. OM averaged the 20th which is more than reasonable.

On NSD 2008 Bama was a pretty good program who had 1 national title in the last 25 years. One. They had spent 10 years on probation with 3 years in bowl bans and had a revolving door of coaches. They had just won 7 games with a coach with 1 college title who just failed in the NFL. Yet somehow they all of a sudden pull a GAUDY #1 class full of 4 & 5 stars. But no one bats an eye. Why? Because of a legendary dead coach and natty in 1992? Please. No 18 year old in 2008 cares about bear Bryant or who won the national title when they were 2 years old. And at that time Saban wasn't the icon that he is now. Ole Miss pulling the #7 class after 7 wins is a travesty to CFB but Bama pulling the #1 class after 7 wins is totally legit? Give me a break. Anyone who thinks that Bama doesn't cheat knows nothing about CFB.

Bama has a ton of busts too. You act Bama is the only team to put players in the NFL. If you have over 20 players in the NFL it's a selling point. period. But yes that (Bama) does appeal to some players and that's why they average the 1.2 class over 5 years. OM averaged the 20th which is more than reasonable.

On NSD 2008 Bama was a pretty good program who had 1 national title in the last 25 years. One. They had spent 10 years on probation with 3 years in bowl bans and had a revolving door of coaches. They had just won 7 games with a coach with 1 college title who just failed in the NFL. Yet somehow they all of a sudden pull a GAUDY #1 class full of 4 & 5 stars. But no one bats an eye. Why? Because of a legendary dead coach and natty in 1992? Please. No 18 year old in 2008 cares about bear Bryant or who won the national title when they were 2 years old. And at that time Saban wasn't the icon that he is now. Ole Miss pulling the #7 class after 7 wins is a travesty to CFB but Bama pulling the #1 class after 7 wins is totally legit? Give me a break. Anyone who thinks that Bama doesn't cheat knows nothing about CFB.

You brought up Saban, not me. He's the best in the business. But Miles puts a lot of players in the league, as does Meyer, Fisher, etc.

Regardless of who you think "cheats", there's only one program that has the NCAA camped out on their doorstep.

Simmons went to State to win championships? Yeah, right. How about $85,000.

Simmons went to State to win championships? Yeah, right. How about $85,000.

I guess the same can be said for Treadwell, Tunsil, Connor etc. State has came closer recently to a championship than Ole Miss has. State has also been to Atlanta.

I guess the same can be said for Treadwell, Tunsil, Connor etc. State has came closer recently to a championship than Ole Miss has. State has also been to Atlanta.

Ole Miss came within a freakish play by Arkansas from winning the SEC West last year. One play. When has State come that close? You State fans are some dumb SOB's. You spend your time on Ole Miss boards and don't know what's going on at your own school. Your mods on your sites spend more time discussing Ole Miss than State because there is no good news coming out of Starkpatch.

Well, they did. They offered Cam Newton $200,000. Did you forget that too?

Again, don't be a moron. Ole Miss is recruiting the same players that you think Miss State is paying, and Ole Miss is SIGNING them. So by your own logic, you've just made the perfect case for why Ole Miss IS buying recruits.

That explains why Ole Miss is under NCAA investigation and Miss State is not.

Treadwell came to Ole Miss because his best friend played at Ole Miss and his friend's mother was his mother's best friend. RN came to Ole Miss because his mother promised Nutt he would come to Ole Miss if Denzell was offered a scholarship. Tunsil came to Ole Miss because we agreed to give his half brother a scholarship. Conner came to Ole Miss because all his relatives played at Ole Miss.

Treadwell came to Ole Miss because his best friend played at Ole Miss and his friend's mother was his mother's best friend. RN came to Ole Miss because his mother promised Nutt he would come to Ole Miss if Denzell was offered a scholarship. Tunsil came to Ole Miss because we agreed to give his half brother a scholarship. Conner came to Ole Miss because all his relatives played at Ole Miss.

And Saban is the one that told the NCAA to investigate Ole Miss, you forgot that part.

Ole Miss came within a freakish play by Arkansas from winning the SEC West last year. One play. When has State come that close?

How about 1998 when they faced Tennessee in the SEC championship game?

Interestingly enough, I just looked over the list of teams that have played in the SEC champ game but don't see Ole Miss listed anywhere.

Want a mulligan on this one?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT