ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss student parking garage/OMPD

LandsharkLenny9

Red-Shirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2017
Called this morning to ask if they would have officers on site at least during the night. Cameras won't be able to protect my daughters from two thugs abducting one or both of them at any time of the day. I drove through the garage by Martin after the game on Friday and it definitely isn't safe for a young lady to park and be alone in. It's well lit but unfortunately when you can't be identified in our country why would you care if people have a clear video of your face and vehicle.

The best way to prevent this scenario at any garage or building on campus is to call OMPD and ask for assistance to your dorm or vehicle. They are happy to help. You can share their number with your daughter or son 662-915-7234. Credit to them for making officers available at all hours.

I paid over $400 of parking tickets for her not to park alone at night in the garage. Wish she would have moved the next morning but that's asking a 19 year old to wake up early.

One other suggestion I recommend all parents to recommend to Ole Miss would be to allow the females to purchase the parking permits for the lots by the dorms and ask the men to use the garage. They could charge more for the lot permits if inclined. Seems pretty reasonable for safety and the ability to carry heavier items etc.

Hope this helps any concerned parents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News