ADVERTISEMENT

OM had a great breakout season

Friendly Foe

All-Pro NFL
May 29, 2002
Don't let 1 loss take away from what was accomplished by your kids. OM is still a couple years away from where I think you are going. However, you are ahead of schedule and the best is still ahead.

The SEC is not super strong this year. There were virtually no returning starting QB's and most teams are very young. Even Alabama is in a solid rebuilding year. Next year the SEC will be far stronger and so will you.

I will say this w/o reservation at our worst overall we are still better than any conference despite 3 losses. The Big 10 outside of Michigan State, Ohio State & Wisconsin is a joke. I don't think OM & MSU losing their chances in the NC playoffs at seasons end helped the psyche of either of your teams in bowl games.

I miss the Grove, but it is better this way.

Injuries really hurt us this year. We lost a starting CB and a backup CB (our punt returner) in fall practice. We lost a safety to injury and one to major league baseball. Depth in the defensive backfield was thin. We were missing our two top receivers for the bowl game. We didn't have a healthy O lineman for the bowl game. Bo was restricted by his ankle sprain and didn't practice with the team till a couple of days before the bowl game. In the end we weren't the same team that beat Alabama.

There's a lot of 'experts' that say...

...the injuries shouldn't really matter.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by ranchreb:
Injuries really hurt us this year. We lost a starting CB and a backup CB (our punt returner) in fall practice. We lost a safety to injury and one to major league baseball. Depth in the defensive backfield was thin. We were missing our two top receivers for the bowl game. We didn't have a healthy O lineman for the bowl game. Bo was restricted by his ankle sprain and didn't practice with the team till a couple of days before the bowl game. In the end we weren't the same team that beat Alabama.
OM has talent. As you stated elsewhere a QB is the major issue of every team in the SEC West save Texas A&M & Arkansas. LSU has no semblance of anything close to an SEC caliber QB at this point. Bama loses their starter Sims and truthfully, I don't think anyone has a QB to compete nationally in the SEC West.

As to injuries--OM has great talent in most of the starting 22, but injuries played a major role in the TCU game. Two things on the game: 1) TCU is not nearly as great as OM made them look 2) OM is not even close to being as bad as OM made themselves look. OM had a great team this year, but injuries made you another team at year's end. Bo is a spastic at QB--one game the best around and the next game pot luck. Fortunately, he played well most of your season. If you find a QB--such as the freshman at Ohio State--OM could win the SEC West in 2015 depending on injuries.

LSU will contend for 4th to 6th place if no Qb's magically appear. I just seen little in the way of quality in the SEC west because virtually everyone was rebuilding this season and most looked like crap. MSU will go back to last imo. A&M mid pack. I see it OM, AU, BAma as the Top three assuming you get a QB. LSU has a lot of quality players returning, but alas Jennings is still here.

Ole Miss could be top 3 IF we get good QB play. That's a big IF at this point. We could have the worst QB in the West next year.

Originally posted by ranchreb:
Ole Miss could be top 3 IF we get good QB play. That's a big IF at this point. We could have the worst QB in the West next year.
Please don't tell me jennings has something terminal because he will be hard to beat out for last honors-unless something happens at LSU like a miracle

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT