ADVERTISEMENT

One final thought Rebmoore.

jmb0352

All-Pro NFL
Oct 24, 2008
Originally posted by RebMoore:
Then maybe you get better LEADERS for your fine organization. It's just the rank in file of PETA--as a member do you not read their literature? Yes, it would be a silly comparison. I am Methodist but the vast majority of Baptist I know are decent, hardworking people. Westboro is a cult of a few hundread--at most,lead by one idiot.

I'm not a member. I just know a lot of conservatives who donate to PETA(do they know what PETA ultimately wants? Not sure). I personally don't know what they want, and I don't care. I come from a family that takes the sick dog out back and shoots it. I also hunt a little here and there.

I stay as far away as I can from small interest groups(PETA/MADD/Tea PARTY, etc...). I also stay away for hog lovers. Call me crazy.

I just don't think anyone should do time because they're a POTENTIAL threat.... I don't think that's liberal, but hey...

You are getting what you voted for two years ago.

Enjoy it while it lasts, it will take some time to undo the damage your Barry, Harry, and Scary have done these past two years.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Enjoy it while it lasts, it will take some time to undo the damage your Barry, Harry, and Scary have done these past two years.

Huh.... Cool story brah....

Besides, I live in Texas, My vote didn't count in the end. The electoral college is a funny thing you know.

Sorry, I can't get over how random this post is....

Tea Party, special interest? Do you even understand government and your rights?

Let it go. Thread got yanked for a reason.

PETA is a bunch of whackos. It isn't just a few splinter groups that align themselves with PETA.
Give to the humane society if that is your thing. It's not mine. Animals aren't people.

I guess I'm trying to get in one last comment myself. I won't speak further.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

No worries, you can vote for Bill White again in a couple of years--assuming his arse heals from the butt-kicking Perry gave him in November. Just be sure to bring your ID when you come to vote though, as you will not be allowed to do so more than once anymore.

Originally posted by jzgeorge:
Let it go. Thread got yanked for a reason.

PETA is a bunch of whackos. It isn't just a few splinter groups that align themselves with PETA.
Give to the humane society if that is your thing. It's not mine. Animals aren't people.

I guess I'm trying to get in one last comment myself. I won't speak further.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com

I get the last word....

You don't have to completely agree with everything an organization does to be a member. Just like I don't have to support everything the president does if I voted for him.

Are people that lost on the concept of taking one issue at a time and forming an opinion?

No worries, you can vote for Bill White again in a couple of years--assuming his arse heals from the butt-kicking Perry gave him in November. Just be sure to bring your ID when you come to vote though, as you will not be allowed to do so more than once anymore.

I didn't vote for Bill White little corn snake....

You did it again, random man. Do you wear a helmet?

i'll assume chris bell wasn't available.

yeah, helmets are good. too bad your parents didn't use one.

bring ID to vote in 2012, Barry Soetoro will need the help
This post was edited on 1/28 1:13 PM by SnakePlissken

Look, jmb0352, you seem like a pretty decent guy. But I totally disagree with you on PETA. I have seen enough of them to know what their goal is--and that is to destroy hunting and eating of all meat by humans.
It is hard for me to believe a true conservative or libertarian would belong to that group. I am opposed to animal abuse. Hunting,IMO, is not abuse. Cockfighting and dogfighter is abuse and rightly outlawed.
No one is more opposed to animal abuse than me. But my definition of abuse and PETA's are miles apart. PETA has labeled hunting as abuse. Nevermind that most animals in the wild will die a much more horrible death than at the hands of a hunting.
I don't hunt. I do shoot guns a lot but I haven't hunted in years and don't intend to again. But I support the right of those who wish to do so correctly and legally to do so. I do eat meat and I don't want anyone telling me I have to eat soyburgers. If they want to eat them, fine. I want beef in my burger.

roll.gif

Animals aren't people.

This is very true... In many ways, abused or neglected animals are far more deserving of help than a lot of people.

A neglected dog will make a great, lifelong friend and companion for someone and the organizations that help find those dogs or cats good homes deserve help.

The average homeless person or other sort of non-contributor will just take your money and be back whining for more a few hours or days later without even saying thank you.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by RebMoore:
Look, jmb0352, you seem like a pretty decent guy. But I totally disagree with you on PETA. I have seen enough of them to know what their goal is--and that is to destroy hunting and eating of all meat by humans.
It is hard for me to believe a true conservative or libertarian would belong to that group. I am opposed to animal abuse. Hunting,IMO, is not abuse. Cockfighting and dogfighter is abuse and rightly outlawed.
No one is more opposed to animal abuse than me. But my definition of abuse and PETA's are miles apart. PETA has labeled hunting as abuse. Nevermind that most animals in the wild will die a much more horrible death than at the hands of a hunting.
I don't hunt. I do shoot guns a lot but I haven't hunted in years and don't intend to again. But I support the right of those who wish to do so correctly and legally to do so. I do eat meat and I don't want anyone telling me I have to eat soyburgers. If they want to eat them, fine. I want beef in my burger.

Your reply makes sense. I don't hunt anymore, and I do shoot guns a lot. I am a carnivore and always will be. I hunted people for a year in Vietnam, had a hard time disengaging from that yearlong hunt. I was pretty good at it, rained for it for over a year and then was able to practice it. I have to say the adrenaline rush of hunting for humans was quite addictive. I had PTSD but we didn't call it that then, all I know is I drank a lot for a long time,and nearly destroyed my life. I try to saty away from fringe groups unless I believe what they espouse. And as someone said the Tea Party is not a fringe group, it has its origins in the beliefs of our founding fathers, the nae tkne from the Boston Tea Party ( quit taxing us ).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT