ADVERTISEMENT

OT - How Have Your Political Views Changed In The Last Decade... If Any?

SharkmanReb

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2017
Flowood MS
Are you more to the liberal left now than before? More conservative? More libertarian? Basically the same?

I'll start. I'm much more of a anti-government libertarian. I've definitely moved from a "true conservative" who thought that government was far more corrupt in a wasteful and incompetent way, than what I believe now, which is that (with a small number of exceptions) the federal government is a malevolent, malicious entity with a one world order command and control mentality. I was for the Patriot Act back then because I couldn't accept there being a time when our federal LE agencies would use that power against it's own citizens for political control.

I was moderately okay with very limited restrictions on the first and second amendments. Now I see that any restrictions are but another stepping stone to even more restrictions. If the FF wanted those two rights to be limited, they'd have written that into the amendments in the first place.

I was 100% for the drug wars and the all the drug laws. I still don't have anything for illegal drugs personally, but I'm much more lenient to other adults using them.

I want government the hell out of my life and out of my pocket. I want it as small and as limited as is possibly feasible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News