ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Visited USC this past weekend

ChargerRebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2017
Cambridge, MA
It was a 7:30 pm game against Fresno State. Due to pre-game stuff, kick off was closer to 7:45. Couple observations.

College football games are too slow. The game took 4 hours. Rule changes need to come, shortening half time and removing instances that stop the clock.

I was wearing an Ole Miss shirt, and after initial good natured ribbing most fans were super super nice. Had multiple tailgates bring me in, give me food and beer, and chit chat. Met a couple students. Basically everyone was complimentary of the program, said they think we're about to be big time, basically all of them said they still like Kiffin and thought he was just too young when he was there. All the younger people I talked with love Jaxson as well and said they're rooting for us because of him. The only negative interaction I had was a dude after the game giving me shit, saying how our coach sucked so much dick they fired him on the tarmac. I didn't really say anything back, just shrugged and kept walking. He said something about how his brother doesn't agree with him, but he knows correctly and that Lane is awful. Dude was being an ass but I walked off, otherwise, very positive experience.

The campus is beautiful, and while their tailgating atmosphere is nowhere near the grove, it was still fun.

Their game day was well done. Traveler running around the field is cool. Their band is great, and boy do they play. If I heard their fight-song once I heard it a million times. Their concessions are bad. It's just basic stuff, no specialty anything that I saw, however, outside the stadium you can get a dirty dog (hot dog wrapped in bacon and served with onions, peppers, mustard, mayo, ketchup) and those are good (but pricey at 8 dollars.)

Caleb Williams is a really good QB, but he's young and you see it. He had drives early where he was getting caught staring at one or two guys just hoping they got open, while he had guys on the other side of the field wide open and ended up taking some bad sacks. It didn't matter, they were playing Fresno State. The PAC12 is weak outside of the top 3 teams, but if they run the table and make it in, they're going to get skull drug by whatever SEC/B1G team they face.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News