ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers requested (and a little on my absence)

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
All,

As you've seen -- or maybe not -- I've been away from the site for a couple days. Some of you I know personally are aware that my wife and I had a son due around the start of football season. On Monday, she went for her regular appointment feeling perfectly normal and was diagnosed with severe pre-eclampisa. She was immediately sent to and admitted at the women's hospital in Tupelo. The baby was well above normal in size a month ago but has been severely growth restricted over the last month. We had no idea. None of the physical symptoms that are indicators were present.

So due to the worsening condition to both of them, we were forced to proceed with delivery around 1 p.m. yesterday. Mom is doing well, and they were able to intubate and stabilize the baby boy despite being only 12 ounces. Best case we have a long, long road ahead. I'm being told to get through the day or two "honeymoon period" and then start the rollercoaster. The first night went well, so we'll see where it goes.

If you're the praying kind, please send one up. I can't express my thanks to the Oxford and Ole Miss community for the messages, prayers and thoughts over the last couple days. It's been a great story in the kindness of people and their willingness to help in any way. At this point it's all about patience and faith, but no matter what I am surrounded by wonderful people, and that's a great gift all the time but especially during a situation like this.

I'll be sporadic for a bit obviously, and for that I can't thank Neal and Jeffrey enough. These past few days show the excellent part in people and our community.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News