ADVERTISEMENT

Protective order against Laremy Tunsil dismissed in court

jwnlwplus4

Five-Star Prospect
Oct 4, 2009
USATSI_8230711.jpg

The protective order filed against Laremy Tunsil by his stepfather, Lindsey Miller, was dismissed in court on Friday. Miller filed the order after an altercation between him and Tunsil at the home of Tunsil's mother, Desiree Tunsil.

Tunsil was arrested in late June after punching Miller. According to Tunsil, he punched Miller to defend his mother, as he says Miller shoved his mom. Miller's version of the events is different, as he claims Tunsil attacked him and also made claims about "riding around with football agents."

Both men gave conflicting accounts of what happened in court on Friday, according to RebelGrove.com.

Miller represented himself in court, and he claimed that after telling Tunsil's mother that he was "sick and tired" of Tunsil "riding around with agents and taking things." He told her it was stupid, and then Miller claims Desiree Tunsil went outside and told Laremy that he had called her stupid. This prompted Laremy Tunsil to push Miller and then get on top of Miller and hit him repeatedly.

"I was almost blacking out," Miller told the court, but Miller refused medical attention at the scene and did not go to the hospital because his two sons from a previous marriage were terrified.

According to Tunsil, he was at his mother's house to take her to dinner with a prospective agent. Players are allowed to meet with agents per NCAA rules, just as long as they don't receive any benefits or come to any agreements. Tunsil says as he approached the door he saw Miller shove his mother into a chair. He then told his mother "we don't need [Miller]." Tunsil then said that Miller "pursued me, poked me three times in the chest and told me to 'tell your mom to get her things and get out.'"

Tunsil then said that both men threw punches and ended up on the ground before they were separated.

Tunsil's attorney, Steve Farese, then made the case that Miller has shown "a pattern of behavior" showing Miller wants "something out of the deal," and that he was upset he wasn't involved in the dinner with the agent. Farese also called Miller "a scam artist."

In his closing statement Miller said there's been a cover-up since the start to protect Tunsil, and that if Tunsil weren't an NFL prospect "we wouldn't be here."

Both men are due back in court on Aug. 3 for arraignment on the domestic violence charges filed against one another.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...rder-against-laremy-tunsil-dismissed-in-court

It doesn't bode well for Miller that his protective order got the axe. I wouldn't be surprise me to learn that Tunsil's lawyer wants to sue Miller for tarnishing his rep.

If they have half a brain they will have to ask themselves Miller's motive for saying what he said. They see this stuff all the time -- freeloaders that try to ride a player's talent to the NFL and cash in to pot at the end of the rainbow. When they are shown the door the sour grapes begin to fly.

Steve is good at what he does and if anyone can help with your NCAA problems I feel like it would be him. If I were a murderer who had shot a preacher in the back while he was asleep and needed a scumbag, shyster, lawyer to get me out of it Steve is who I would call. Hope he enjoys this life, the afterlife is probably not going to be much fun.

In the end when Miller shows the NCAA how he and his family was able to leave the love shack in Fla and....move on up, to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky, they finally got a piece of the pie...it will make no difference what Stevie has done in the court of law.

Last edited:
Not in the Hugh Freeze Era. So now I'll just end the debate and refer you to the overall record between Ole Miss and MS Stake. Case closed, Lisa.
Damn, I hate that I can no longer enjoy the beatdown administered to the " back to back cotton bowl team" by first year CDM's team. It was one of my favorite EB ever. I am now sad.... ; )

Steve is good at what he does and if anyone can help with your NCAA problems I feel like it would be him. If I were a murderer who had shot a preacher in the back while he was asleep and needed a scumbag, shyster, lawyer to get me out of it Steve is who I would call. Hope he enjoys this life, the afterlife is probably not going to be much fun.

In the end when Miller shows the NCAA how he and his family was able to leave the love shack in Fla and....move on up, to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky, they finally got a piece of the pie...it will make no difference what Stevie has done in the court of law.
YAWN!!!---Boring---You need a life...Take your Idiot self back to Eitedawgs and tell them your story....they're the only ones interested.

Reactions: Al_Reb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT