ADVERTISEMENT

Real Stats and the blame award goes to….

RebelRealtor

Three-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I’m reposting from another thread but and I think there’s a lot of drunk and delusional Rebels on here with expectations that don’t meet reality after you tasted 10-2 last year. Here’s the stats that matter. Our program is in year 3 with a coach who came to a program with Division 2 talent off of probation from another coach who couldn’t get us passed 9 wins (he did love recruiting though), took over a program that has been terrible since the 1960s because the state of Mississippi wouldn’t keep up with the rest of the world and other SEC powers didn’t hold on to the Rebel flag and decided to develop population centers and an economy by attracting business to the state, non-white athletes to play football, and whatever else you can think of that damaged this state and once nationally powerful program.

In summary, with the lack of resources, history, and the fact that history combined with a dead dog being kicked like it’s down back in 2019, I feel pretty f&$ing good about 10-2 and 8-4 in year 3. If we want to win big, we need a lot more money per person than any of these other schools, as well as a little bit of luck. We were 2 plays away from being 10-2 this year again, and we were better last year.

Now to all of you fellow Rebels who are native Mississippians, I want you to go sit before your dying Christmas tree with a bourbon in hand and blame your grandparents and maybe your parents for what they did to you and remember that you’re 8-4 because of them!

Merry Christmas! :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News