ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting nuggets 1-20-11 -- Updated 6:56 p.m.

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
As of last night, sources are saying to Neal that Nick Brassell and his mother plan to be in Oxford this weekend for an official visit. His mother agreed yesterday to visit this weekend. However, Nick's plans could certainly change at any time. As I said last night, very, very good sources are telling me that nothing is definite as far as Nick's travel plans. The sources wouldn't be shocked if he A) visited Ole Miss B) visited Alabama or C) didn't go anywhere like last weekend. There remains confidence that he'll eventually sign with Ole Miss, but my suggestion is to not let what happens before then affect you too much. It's impossible to predict the next 13 days.

Yesterday, Ole Miss coaches went and visited with Chief Brown, Woodrow Hamilton, Donte Moncrief, Cody Prewitt and Aaron Morris, and all is solid with those guys. Everything was cool before then, but Brewer's hiring was good concerning Moncrief.

Houston Nutt and Terry Price are going to Pascagoula tonight to visit with Senquez Golson and also going to see Gulfport junior linebacker Jamison Goins and Long Beach junior defensive tackle Nick James. James was a beast at the Army Bowl combine. All is good with Golson. This weekend will be focused on making sure he understands the risks and rewards of the baseball draft. The UM baseball staff will assist with his recruitment during the official visit.

There is some optimism that if Ole Miss has a great visit with C.J. Johnson, he may not make the LSU visit. I'm not saying this is what's going to happen, but everything between the Rebs and C.J. continues to be positive, and it's a possibility for the first time.

Not Ole Miss-related but Magnolia State related, and I just ran across it recently: MSU commit Darion Arrington, per sources, has a lot of work to do to gain academic eligibility for an SEC school. That's what has brought Southern Miss into play for the Stone County standout, and there's a possibility he begins his college career at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. There have been conversations that this could be the necessary route.
This post was edited on 1/20 9:06 AM by Chase Parham
This post was edited on 1/20 11:02 AM by Neal McCready
This post was edited on 1/20 12:00 PM by Neal McCready
This post was edited on 1/20 1:38 PM by Neal McCready
This post was edited on 1/20 5:29 PM by Chase Parham
This post was edited on 1/20 6:57 PM by Neal McCready

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews