ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting nuggets - Wednesday (Updated 6:30 p.m.)

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Let's start with my story out front on St. Francis (N.Y.) running back Akeel Lynch. He's got Ole Miss in a final four with Oklahoma, Iowa and Penn State. He trips to PSU this weekend and has talked to OU about visiting on Monday but that's not finalized. He was supposed to go to Norman last weekend but a weather delay canceled that. As I said in yesterday's nuggets, OU has one spot left for a running back, and a JUCO RB is visiting this weekend and will get first shot at it. Lynch is playing in an all-star game on Feb. 1, and that could make next weekend impossible for an official visit. I think Ole Miss has a good chance if 1) he makes it to campus. 2) he doesn't commit to OU before looking at the Rebels, of course.

Ole Miss running back commit Jaylen Walton tweeted this out last night. I'd say he's pretty solid.

Screenshot2012-01-18at83152AM.png

A quick note about Jeremy Liggins' announcement. He's doing it Jan. 30 on the Oxford Square as has been noted. It's also being broadcast live by Reb Sports Radio, which has caused a lot of people -- and rightfully so -- to wonder if Liggins would choose a different school than Ole Miss using that medium. So a little clarification: Liggins is technically doing it for The Sports Roundup, a weekly television show aired locally on channel 97. Reb Sports Radio has a deal in place to take the audio from that show and air it live. So, while it's sort of the same thing, Liggins isn't necessarily using Reb Sports Radio for his decision. The Sports Roundup is airing it no matter which school Liggins chooses.
This post was edited on 1/18 1:48 PM by Neal McCready
This post was edited on 1/18 4:51 PM by Neal McCready
This post was edited on 1/18 5:18 PM by Neal McCready
This post was edited on 1/18 6:18 PM by Neal McCready
This post was edited on 1/18 6:30 PM by Neal McCready

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News