ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals Texas A&M coaching search update

OlmReb5

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
May 21, 2008
So here's what we've got this morning:

"Guy 1" has been Dan Lanning. I feel ok saying that now because Oregon knows it and the obstacles in getting him seem to be too big. Communication isn't dead, and A&M may make another run at him, but right now I just don't see it. Timing, money -- all those things work against it.

So who is "Guy 2"? We may not know that until the weekend. There's going to be, for lack of a better term, a summit of people involved in the hiring process (donors, AD, etc.). That may set the course for the process moving forward.

I've heard that Georgia DC Glenn Schumann isn't high on the list of possibilities. There's concerns about the fit. Would that totally eliminate him? I've learned never to say never.

But here's the craziest thing about this search to date -- the names I've heard expressing interest through their representatives. Clemson's Dabo Swinney, Ohio State's Ryan Day, TCU's Sonny Dykes, Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy...those are a few of the names I've heard. And I really, really doubt any of them are possibilities. Maybe they're interested, but I don't think A&M is interested. I just think they think they can get a really big payday.

So we wait. Maybe A&M is looking at someone else that they've kept quiet or the search will expand, but they'd better hustle if they're going to meet their own deadline.

Reactions: FireFighterReb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News