ADVERTISEMENT

Running game

littlejohn444

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2010
I see a lot of gnashing of teeth about the running game. Typical after a loss fans are going to point fingers at all kinds of things.

OL sucks
Judkins is fat on NIL money
OL doesn’t want to block for Judkins
Judkins looks slow
OL coach needs to be fired

Let me make sure I’m right here. Because evidently I must be making a mistake here somewhere.

Judkins had 13 Carrie’s for 56 yards, right? That averages out to 4.3 per rush, right? 4.3 per rush is a win, right? I’d also wager that most if those carries came in the first quarter. I’d say probably at least 8 in the first quarter. Why didn’t he get at least 20 rushing attempts? The game was close. Wasn’t like we were having to play catch up. I’d love to know how many carries by quarter and game by game carries last year. Especially when Evans didn’t play.

I’m just wondering if my math is flawed?

Now Dart had 12 rushes for 6 yards. So as a team we didn’t do so hot. But that’s including I think 5 sacks.

The PFF numbers show we run blocked pretty average. Not anything spectacular but not Tulane bad either. So it isn’t as simple as OL sucks.

Judkins showed his best bounce and balance Saturday IMO. He wants it. But he has to have touches. He, IMO, is a back that needs volume and gets better and better as the game goes on. He’s a work horse.

So pass rush hurt our stats numbers on rushing but what truly hurt our rush numbers and Judkins specifically running the ball?

PLAYCALLING!!!

Sorry but I keep going back to like 13 or so straight plays there was no running plays and Judkins didn’t touch the ball and we were constantly in third and long spots on those drives. It killed the momentum and any chance to take advantage of bama stumbling in the first half. That’s where the game was lost.

I’ll let you guys blast me or argue about it now. Above is just my take on the game and our issues. I’ll move on to LSU and hope LK “interjects” more on the play calling

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News