Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal McCready

All-Pro NFL
Staff
Feb 26, 2008
Oxford, MS
Here's Friday's thread, in case you missed it:

I'm heading out to Ole Miss in a bit. No idea what to expect, really. I've heard a few guys might be doing some workouts and I've heard different things regarding what to expect from the "camp." Anyway, it looks like a day of Twitter and Instagram aggregation, which I realize isn't reporting or journalism. However, it's where we've gone in recruiting coverage, in large part because the kids simply don't want to talk to reporters when they can fashion their own message on social media and we parrot it like lapdogs.

Speaking of dogs, I know who tweets from the Juice Kiffin account, so I will take this tweet as basically gospel.

So, who are the three commits? One solid guess would be Fort Valley (Peach County), Ga., OLB Skielar Mann. He's got a bunch of G5 offers (plus Florida State and Georgia Tech), but his stock has been rising recently and some believe he could also project as a tight end at the college level.

Another guess would be Only (Good Counsel), Md., defensive end Neeo Avery. He's in Oxford this weekend and he posted on Twitter that he would be announcing his decision on Sunday via Instagram. I can't find his Instagram account, though I saw a reel from when he committed to Penn State via the hat psych method.

Avery has offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, South Carolina and more. He's a stud. He'd be a big get for the Rebels if true.

There's a lot of buzz regarding a possible flip from USC to Ole Miss for four-star Coppell, Texas, cornerback Braxton Myers as well. I've heard some "not if, but when" stuff on that in the last few days. He arrived at Ole Miss on Thursday and was still there late yesterday, so it's not nothing.

Top '24 target Kamarion Franklin visited Ole Miss Friday and will be at Texas A&M today. It's way too early to hung up on any drama there. The Lake Cormorant, Miss., defensive lineman is going to be heavily coveted by damn near everyone, but the Rebels and Aggies are both going to be in it until the end.

More later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News