ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Baseball Transfers (so far)

JT Rebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2011
I was bored and interested in how other team's transfers are looking around the SEC. Focusing primarily on starters. And YES... i know these stats are wayyyyy too premature. Just interested in how people are playing right out of the gate. Call it.... "How are SEC transfers handling the adjustment"

Analysis for those who don't give a sh!t to comb through this late night madness below......
- College baseball transfer portal is a crapshoot out of the gate. It's a big adjustment for a ton of guys.
- P5 transfers(All Bama xfers, Wilmsmyer/White, Billy Amick, Braden Montgomery Coby Shelton, Mac Bingham) are all crushing the ball. Shocker, I know, but a known commodity at the P5 level usually plays at that level. Gives me a little hope for Fischer and Hill to figure it out.
- Non-P5 transfers - Specifically Wehiwa Aloy, Treyson Hughes, Blake Jackson, Javon Henderson(and most of Auburns guys) have really struggled to start.... Aloy, Hughes, and Henderson were 3 top level transfers in the off-season and are hitting equal pitching to what they've seen previously and look lost.

ONE WEIRD TAKEAWAY - There is very little in the way of high end pitching transfers outside of Luke Holman...... growing your own pitchers seems to still be the most viable way to succeed. And that is where Bianco's ULTIMATE failure has happened......

***********I typed most of this out so I'd have it for a discussion at work Monday with some of my stat nerd friends...... and to look back on later in the year.... Enjoy! Or don't......

Arkansas: Solid start so far for Arkansas starters. Lovich started for 2 years at Mizzou and can't see the field. Aloy was a HUGE transfer for them and has struggled some. White was the veteran Catcher many hoped we'd try and get.
Ty Wilmsmyer(Mizzou): .316
Wehiwa Aloy(Sac. St) - .250(5 for 20 w/ 7 ks)
Hudson White(Texas Tech) - .278 (5 for 18 w/ 4 2B and 1 HR)
Jared Sprague-Lott(Richmond) - .333 (4 for 12 w/ 1 HR)
Ross Lovich(Mizzou) - 1 for 3 on the year.
Mason Molina - 3.2 IP 2ER 9 Ks against James Madison

Alabama: They are on an absolute heater to start the year. New coach and new energy is coming out swinging.
TJ McCants - .440 - (11 for 25 w/ 3 2B, 1 3B, and 3 HR)
Mac Guscette(previously C at Florida) - .400
Evan Sleight (Rutgers) - .360 - (8 for 25 w/ 1 HR)
Ian Petrusz(Maryland) - .320 (8 for 25 w/ 1 HR)

Tennessee: Most of Tennessee's transfer money went into a few pitchers, Amich, and Peebles. The pitchers (AJ Russell, Chris Stamos, and Nate Snead) have been really good.
Billy Amick(Clemson) - .321 (9 for 28 w/ 3 HR)
Cannon Peebles(Catcher at NC State) - .190 (4 for 21 w/ 4 Ks)
Dalton Bargo(Mizzou) - .333 (4 for 12 w/ 1 HR and 5 Ks) - Only started 2 of 7 games

TAMU: Team is rolling, therefore transfers are too.
Ali Camarillo(Cal St Northridge) - .474 (9 for 19 w/ 6 walks and only 1 K)
Braden Montgomery(Stanford) - .409 (9 for 22 w/ 2 HRs)
Ted Burton(Michigan) - .400 (6 for 15)
Hayden Schott(Columbia) - .375 (9 for 24)
No pitching transfers have seen significant time.

Vanderbilt: Yep..... that's it. They took 1 transfer that starts.
Jayden Davis(Samford) - .320 (8 for 25)

Florida: No transfer pitchers. Their 3 transfers are doing as expected(Shelton) or struggling
Colby Shelton(Alabama) - .313 (5 for 16 w/ 1 HR)
Brody Donay(Virginia Tech) - .188 (3 for 16 w/ 7 Ks)
Dale Thomas(Coastal Carolina) - .267 (4 for 15 w/ 1HR and 0 Ks)

South Carolina:
Parker Noland(Vandy) - .222 (6 for 27)
Blake Jackson(Charlotte) - .261 (6 for 23 w/ 7 Ks)
Tyler Causey(North Carolina) - .286 (6 for 21)
No major pitching transfers.

LSU: only major transfers were a former Jay Johnson guy who hit .360 on the year last year, and Luke Holman from Bama and he's absurdly good.
Mac Bingham(Arizona) - .412 (7 for 17)
Michael Braswell(South Carolina) - .167 (3 for 18)
Luke Holman(Alabama) - 12.1 IP / 18 Ks/ ZERO ER / 1 BB ---- yeah he's disgustingly good.

Auburn: Underwhelming start for their transfers, especially Henderson. Myers from UAB had 1 really good start so far.
Cooper Weiss(Miami OH) - .300 (6 for 20)
Mason Maners(Jacksonville St) - .250 (5 for 20)
Javon Henderson(Jacksonville St) - .059 (1 for 17) - he hit .397 in the A-Sun and tied the league lead for hits last year
Deric Fabian(Florida) - .308 (4 for 13)
Carson Myers(UAB) - 6IP 8Ks 0ER

Ole Miss:
Jackson Ross(FAU) - .364 (8 or 22 w/ 3 HR)
Luke Hill(ASU) - .130 (3 for 23)
Andrew Fischer(Duke) - .111 (2 for 18 w/ 7 Ks)
Treyson Hughes(Mercer) - .111 (2 for 18)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News