ADVERTISEMENT

The NIL Makes it Tougher to Sustain Programs...

wpman1

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2002
A copy and paste of a post by a Bama fan on one of their message boards:

"So far I'd say Nick Saban has managed the new NLI open player movement thing pretty well. He seems to be able to fill holes as they come open but Alabama seems to be playing primarily players who have been in the program 2 years or less vs the veteran teams of the past.

I think we were better than Michigan on paper but we lost for several reasons that I don't want to discuss in this thread, but the one issue I do want to discuss is how our defenders are constantly in big games being fooled by eye candy.

I don't think our players are stupid, in fact I'd say they are above average, but Saban's defense is considered one of the most complex NFL defensive systems in college.

Pretty much until they do something to stop player free movement most of our starters from now on will barely know where the bathroom is in the football building."....

I know going with a more simplistic system is the last thing he wants to do but does he have a choice? The human brain can't absorb 3 years of knowledge in one spring practice. it just won't take.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News