ADVERTISEMENT

This Board Has Gone to Crap With All the Politics

I started my day today pretty early. I’ve done a podcast and I’ve written two fairly substantive stories on Ole Miss football. I’m not really sure what it is that you don’t think you’re getting for your nine dollars per month, but then again, I use the ignore button
To be fair, I am on the 12 bucks for a year plan so you aren’t even getting the 9 bucks from me. Appreciate the first part of your post and whatever work you put in to make your business successful. The second part saying the ignore button is some type of magic bullet is disingenuous. How about using the board you actually set up to handle all the political stuff? Again appreciate you letting me try your product, it’s current state isn’t for me. It obviously is for a lot of folks.

Ehh agree to disagree. Sometimes people want breaks from politics, I like to take my hiatus every now and again so I get it, and you know well that I enjoy a good political thread. Politics, in difference to other OT posts raise people's blood pressure to an extent that a music or food threads just don't. I think it’s pretty fair to leave them separate from the spot people wanna go to see sports
Explain please why it is so hard for folks who don’t like the political threads to just SKIP THE DAMN THREADS. I mean seriously?

Reactions: Political_Commenter
This is how it works around here:
1 A couple usual posters constantly post political threads but it stays pretty low
2 Eventually, that number grows and you get a handful of political threads
3 That then gets out of hand and you end up like we had yesterday where there were 16 different political threads on the first page
4 Those of us who are annoyed by it complain, we can't ignore every single poster on here, that it's making the board not fun
5 The mods finally break down and remove the whole host of threads that are on the first page, post another thread about how if you want to talk politics please do it on the square board, if you don't it'll get moved
6 A select few posters (like Big Yoxy) ignore that request and keep posting
7 Refer to 1
Why do you have to ignore. Just skip the thread. There are always some threads I’m not really interested in and I don’t click on them. IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT.?

Reactions: Political_Commenter
Explain please why it is so hard for folks who don’t like the political threads to just SKIP THE DAMN THREADS. I mean seriously?
Because, if you solely want to see football stuff on a football board, it's inconvenient to scroll through 20 political threads to see.

Explain please, why it's so hard to follow the board rules, on using the board specifically set in place for political posts, i mean seriously?

Reactions: ChargerRebel
Because, if you solely want to see football stuff on a football board, it's inconvenient to scroll through 20 political threads to see.

Explain please, why it's so hard to follow the board rules, on using the board specifically set in place for political posts, i mean seriously?
Well if you’re going to approach it that way there are a hell of a lot of posts going away…like boob threads, ask RG threads…say about restaurants in OKC…and on and on. There are always off sports posts and a lot of them are interesting…some not so much. But if you’re going to complain about political threads…which by their length seem to be popular then at least be consistent and complain about ANYTHING not directly sports

Well if you’re going to approach it that way there are a hell of a lot of posts going away…like boob threads, ask RG threads…say about restaurants in OKC…and on and on. There are always off sports posts and a lot of them are interesting…some not so much. But if you’re going to complain about political threads…which by their length seem to be popular then at least be consistent and complain about ANYTHING not directly sports
You're essentially a dude driving on the wrong side of the highway, when there's a perfectly fine lane to use if you'd be willing to get over. And when another driver says hey, get in the right lane, you're essentially saying nah I like it here ill inconvenience all of you and you can all swerve instead of me just going to my perfectly fine side of the road where we could all drive and nobody would have to swerve.

Good grief OP... If that's the only reason you come to the board, you've got to broaden your horizons... so much other stuff here to help you in life! I come here to find out if tv shows, movies, etc... have nudity; I come here to find out whether or not I should get vaccinated; I come here to give advice to those struggling with dating; I come here to arrange fights with people whose trucks have no lift; I come here to occasionally view nudity threads; I come here to discuss people's issues with their fantasy draft; I come here to mock democrats; I come here to remind folks to PIIHB; I come here to celebrate births, console deaths, and participate in worthy gofundme's; I come here to laugh at every dadgum question about depth charts and where they are located on this site; I come here to fire coaches; I come here to participate in the wonderment of what happened to the other half of UM President Boyce's mustache; I come here to ride the waves of WAOM; I come here to talk about Oxford real estate; I come here to remember the link to hangover patches; I come over here to laugh about Noseblow and his following;

These are a few of the wonderful things on this website every day... choose a few and try it for a week... see if you don't enjoy the board more!
In order words everything other than posts by Jedi, PC or kuku. By golly we agree

versus the ease of witch it is to post on the square board?

You're essentially a dude driving on the wrong side of the highway, when there's a perfectly fine lane to use if you'd be willing to get over. And when another driver says hey, get in the right lane, you're essentially saying nah I like it here ill inconvenience all of you and you can all swerve instead of me just going to my perfectly fine side of the road where we could all drive and nobody would have to swerve.
Nonsense….it’s a 10 line highway with plenty of room. Stay out of the political lane maybe.

But hey…if you have to be the board p9lice, as of right now…1:20pm Wednesday, there are TWELVE…GOD HELP US…TWELVE…non OM spots posts on pg 1 cluttering up your highway…and that does NOT include any political posts. Get your tow truck my friend, you got a lot of work to do. LOL

For the love of all that is holy, please stop posting political/current events crap on a sports message board. We come here for Ole Miss Sports. Period.
Word. I pay by the year and I out before the next reup. Just a bunch of clowns and it starts with the clown running it.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT