ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on my first home game of the season

DartForHei2man

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2022
This was the first game I’ve been to this season. A few quick gameday observations.

1) Feels like things run smoother this year. Parking (NWCC) was a breeze. No traffic jams, scanner malfunctions, late busses etc. Really pleasant experience. Some recruits and their families seemed a little pissed after the game bc their ride/bus was late but other than that I didn’t notice much to complain about

2) The in-game experience was really good. Really solid crowd. Crowd noise was good. I liked the light show and stuff. I’m not a big fan, personally, of the constant noise from the DJ. It’s a bit much IMO (I’m 34) but I can see its purpose, so I’m not gonna complain about it.

3) Concessions were no issue! We were in Section A and had no problems getting drinks, food, or using a bathroom. I was expecting it to be an issue given what people here are always complaining about, and the crowd size, but I was pleasantly surprised.

4) There are way too many breaks in the action. The game didn’t have great flow to it because of all the TV breaks.

Now…on to the game.

1) Dart is a stud. Plays so hard! He’s gonna have to run the ball like he did tonight if this offense is gonna work, IMO. Thank goodness we have some backups bc he takes a lot of hits!

2) We don’t throw the ball downfield enough. I don’t know exactly why that is…OL, WR, OC…but there were multiple times tonight that GT had no safety help and we still didn’t go deep on em.

3) Got to talk with Trigg’s dad at halftime. He wasn’t thrilled. Glad he wasn’t around me when Trigg dropped that TD…

4) This defense. Woof. It felt like GT marched down the field at will and we couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down. At one point I couldn’t understand how they only had 17 points. It’s the definition of bend but don’t break I guess. But I can’t help but think better offenses are gonna expose us soon.

5) I thought OL was a smidge better. Not much. I think it is what it is at this point. Which is why the QB run game is gonna be key IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News