ADVERTISEMENT

Top Gun Maverick

tool_army

Pre-season Playboy All-America Selection
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
Bentonville, AR
I finally watched Top Gun Maverick last night and loved it. Oddly enough, my wife was frustrated that I loved it so much more than the original, which I saw for the first time just a few months ago.

I’ll chalk that up to me just not having any nostalgia for it, since I didn’t see it back when I was a kid.

Anyway, as for Maverick, the mission felt very much like A New Hope. Eerily similar, but I consider that a great thing.

The emotions of this movie hit way harder for me than the original did. Once again, possibly just a nostalgia issue.

The visual quality of this movie was unreal. I felt like I was “there”. I have a nice 4K TV but it’s several years old now. That said, I would love to have watched it on an OLED screen.

Lastly, I loved how they handled Val Kilmer’s medical situation and it was just overall a terrific scene. Cruise did a terrific job acting in this movie and I thought that was his best scene. Once again, the emotions of it really landed.

Glad I can finally listen and understand when these movies are discussed on the podcast. Maybe one day I’ll even watch the Rocky movies…maybe. Stallone will always be Rambo to me, and I kinda like keeping it that way…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News