ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Transfer Portal, Part II

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Let's try this again, as the other thread has devolved a bit from its original purpose. Direct all your portal/recruiting questions and comments here and try to stay somewhat on topic. I'll moderate the thread fairly heavily to keep it on subject.

Reminder that the portal closes on July 13, so if a player is getting in the portal, he has eight days to do so. The Draft is the 9th-11th. I think we'll have a really clear picture by the night of the 12th, as free agent deals will be happening, and we should be able to predict the decisions of the players drafted and the current players considering options, such as Ethan Groff, Xavier Rivas and Josh Mallitz. I discussed those three briefly in the MLB Draft preview thread.

To recap, to date, Ole Miss has five portal commits:

OF Treyson Hughes - Mercer
3B Andrew Fischer - Duke
RHP Kyler Carmack - Arkansas State
RHP Colton Spencer - SELA
SS JD Urso - Tampa

I've been asked. couple times about Peyton Chatagnier and TJ McCants, who are both in the transfer portal but haven't announced any decisions. McCants wants to go pro, and there could be a team swipe him at the end of the draft, though I think he's open to a free agent deal, as well. Hopefully he's able to get that. Chatagnier has been pretty quiet. He has offers from TCU and Houston (which seems like a great fit), and he's likely be open to a free agent deal, also. It sounds like Ole Miss didn't run off or fight to keep either player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News