ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Jan. 15 Recruiting Nuggets (Updated 5:44 p.m.)

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
Don't post in the thread...

Ole Miss running back commit Peyton Barber is now scheduled to visit Texas this weekend. UT running backs coach Larry Porter is trying desperately to add another tailback to its class. He first turned to Dodson and now Barber. This is a little more of a worry than some of the other suitors that have come after Barber just because of name recognition, but it's not actually time to worry. Barber seems quite set on Ole Miss, but I wouldn't be shocked by a bump for Texas if he does take the visit. Coach Nix and Coach Luke will be in Milton today to see him. Porter had a prior relationship with Barber at Arizona State, as the Sun Devils were a major candidate the first time around.

Michael Carvell of the AJC talked with Carl Lawson's father last night. It's the second report, from different outlets, that says Ole Miss isn't for sure getting Lawson on campus on the 25th. It mentions North Carolina in that spot. Who knows. Lawson's recruitment is on lockdown. He's not saying anything of note. We'll just see where he ends up visiting. Obviously he's told Ole Miss he's coming. He's just not telling that to anyone else. He has in-home visits with Larry Fedora as well as coaches from UT and Auburn this week, according to the report.

Duke Riley has moved his Ole Miss official visit to the first week of February. He's headed to Tulane this weekend, per his Twitter account. I heard he has a banquet the weekend of the 25th, and that's the reason for the switch, but I don't have any strong confirmation on that. He's eliminated Kentucky. It's down to TCU, Ole Miss, LSU, Tulane and Minnesota. Obviously the LSU scholarship situation remains a big factor.

This post was edited on 1/15 12:07 PM by Chase Parham

This post was edited on 1/15 3:42 PM by Chase Parham

This post was edited on 1/15 4:36 PM by Chase Parham

This post was edited on 1/15 5:44 PM by Chase Parham

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News