ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING: Weekend Chiks, presented by Oxford Krystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell Johnson

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
May 19, 2016
next weekend there will again be no official visitors, but with the basketball team playing the way they have recently, and being at home, I wouldn’t count out a couple local unofficial visitors.

I’ve talked to a few people around the Charger community (Oxford) who still believe it is a matter of when, not if, Pegues joins Acker in the 2020 class for Ole Miss.

Acker’s recruitment is still in the process of taking off, but all signs and plans point to him sticking with his commitment going forward.

This brings me to my next point, which is about Luke’s approach to in-State kids.

Once you see a prospect from the state of Mississippi tweet out an offer, that offer will be committable (basically) whenever the prospect is ready.

Say the prospect gets injured during his season, will he get dropped?

The answer is no. That’s why you see some delay on a few offers in-state. Olive Branch OL Xavier Hill was taken off that list over the weekend.

Jack Bicknell went and saw him and the rest of the conquistadors on Friday, and liked what he saw enough to offer on Saturday. I’d expect him on campus sooner than later.

Coaches are back out on the road today, including Mississippi, Alabama, and several other places. I expect some 2020 offers to go down this week.

Lastly, in case you missed it last week, the Soft Verbal will make its return this week. Neal and I are recording tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News