ADVERTISEMENT

Why it is stupid for top recruits to go to Bama, Georgia, LSU, etc

RebReb

Two-Star Prospect
Apr 19, 2002
There is a very high probability that you are committing career suicide. All you have to do is look at Bama's last 5 recruiting classes and see all the names of top recruits who went to Tuscaloosa never to be heard from again. They could wind up in Saban's doghouse for little or no reason and it is career over - or they could be competing with someone with nearly the same talent level who the coaches just love. Same deal at LSU and Georgia - look at their last 4 or 5 classes and you will see the same thing.

At Ole Miss, those same recruits would likely be on the field in their first year and would be household names and headed for the NFL after 3 or 4 years. We will have 3 or 4 guys in the first round of the NFL draft this year who are all thankful they came to Oxford. You can get on the bandwagon - or you can come to Oxford and make a difference turning this thing around.

Reactions: Fishing123
And by “gifts” I assume you don’t mean sleeping on an assistant coach’s sofa?
Nah I referring to the bowl gifts. I recall flat screen tvs and all kinds of lavish watches etc. plus expense checks.

Nah, there's plenty of different reasons to choose a school.

It's not just play time. It's the prestige, the reality that certain schools right now are winning machines, and even half of 1 good season as a player for them might get you draft buzz, even if you wash out of the pros. Then there is people who like the school; it's close to home, they like a certain coach, etc

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT