ADVERTISEMENT

With no wr's commited

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
And 1 rb whose stock is dropped, we better hold some high cards somewhere. RB is in sad shape and graduation will cut half the inventory ESP if LT goes BIG. We have concerns to solve sooner rather than later.

Originally posted by zreb:
And 1 rb whose stock is dropped, we better hold some high cards somewhere. RB is in sad shape and graduation will cut half the inventory ESP if LT goes BIG. We have concerns to solve sooner rather than later.
Other than Swinney not dominating in a HS all star game, exactly how has his "stock" declined?

I'd gladly forgo all receivers in this class for 3 more 4* O linemen.

According to the ratings TCU's last 4 or 5 classes averaged being ranked about 50th and this year's Heisman winner was a 3 star recruit.

Pretty certain Swinney is going to be one of the better backs that we have had in years. Also extremely certain that I trust this coaching staff's ability to rate talent and fulfill our recruiting needs.

Originally posted by zreb:
There are a couple of SEC schools paying top dollar for players. Word is that the NCAA is already on top of this pay cash for play situation and at least 2 teams are headed for serious probation. That may explain the sudden movement of top kids headed north from Florida & east from Texas and to the same destinations . Word is Bama turned the schools in--IRONY.

This post was edited on 1/21 8:15 AM by Friendly Foe

Pat Dye got what he wanted in Malzahn, a weak head coach who would allow Dye to do as he pleased with the program.

Originally posted by ranchreb:
Pat Dye got what he wanted in Malzahn, a weak head coach who would allow Dye to do as he pleased with the program.
First post dead on. I can't find out who the other school is though I have a feeling it might be Tennessee. The info on the NCAA comes from a strong source. I would tell you personally who it is here, but it will be better done privately.

By the way I think you guys have Lodge wrapped-up. I don't know for sure, but I never see him or hear him being mentioned by LSU fans anymore. We need DE's because we are deep, deep at WR.

I always wonder about that stuff

In the back of my mind, I always think of the expression that "pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." It would appear that there could always be some impropriety in all programs no matter how extensively they're monitored, but the ones who go all out and pay heavy, well that's a problem. I wonder, is it just two programs or is it two programs doing a lot and the rest just pushing the envelope? How far over the line do they go before they get popped?

Re: I always wonder about that stuff

Originally posted by pwier:
In the back of my mind, I always think of the expression that "pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered." It would appear that there could always be some impropriety in all programs no matter how extensively they're monitored, but the ones who go all out and pay heavy, well that's a problem. I wonder, is it just two programs or is it two programs doing a lot and the rest just pushing the envelope? How far over the line do they go before they get popped?
Nobody is totally innocent, but the NCAA is onto it and some programs are going to pay the price. This is not heresy (other than the rumor that Bama turned them in). The info comes straight from an inside source in Indiana who is the wife of one of my biggest customers. She is not a secretary.

Re: I always wonder about that stuff

I compare it to speeding. Driving over the speed limit is against the law. Cops let you go if you're 5 mph over the limit. Most drive 10 mph over the limit. A couple of programs drive 90 over the speed limit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT