ADVERTISEMENT

2 MSU players arrested

RebReb

Two-Star Prospect
Apr 19, 2002
for possession of beer. The horror and shame of it all.

I dislike most everything about MSU and not sure if there was more to it than this but the arresting officer could have cut a couple of college kids some slack in this situation. There were other charges but nothing too tragic.

Pretty minor it would seem. Too bad when any college athlete has a mistake as kids look up to them and it sets a bad example. No college gets a bye these days in behavior mistakes.

Pretty minor it would seem. Too bad when any college athlete has a mistake as kids look up to them and it sets a bad example. No college gets a bye these days in behavior mistakes.

You are right. I guess I was just feeling sorry for them since it has been OVER 610 DAYS since they won a single game against us in the men's 3 big sports. I mean we've dropped a game here and there to some crappy schools but NOT A SINGLE ONE to the leghumpers. But wait, as soon as they FINALLY win ONE they will be barking it to the world just like you'd expect from a bunch of porch dogs.

for possession of beer. The horror and shame of it all.

I dislike most everything about MSU and not sure if there was more to it than this but the arresting officer could have cut a couple of college kids some slack in this situation. There were other charges but nothing too tragic.
Who were they? And what county? Those counties where beer is not sold on Sundays, violations are considered like felonies. A little overboard in my opinion.

Never seems to fail. Mention another team's player issues and bam, got one of your own in the same or worse. Is like never to see another teams kids problems aired here. It's bad karma, manners, form or what have you. I plan not to relish our opponents player misfortune in the new year .

Who were they? And what county? Those counties where beer is not sold on Sundays, violations are considered like felonies. A little overboard in my opinion.
Wait so it's overboard because they broke the law that you don't agree with but we are crucifying one of our on players because he did something stupid with a legal drug?

Your answers sir...
Mississippi State linebackers Green, Ward arrested
sdnsports / 3 days ago

By JOEL COLEMAN

sports@starkvilledailynews.com

A pair of Mississippi State linebackers were arrested early Friday morning at The Pointe.

According to Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Department chief deputy Chadd Garnett and records at the Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Office, redshirt freshman Gerri Green and junior DeAndre Ward were each arrested by the OCSD shortly after midnight.

Green was charged with having possession of beer in a dry county, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Ward was charged with having possession of beer in a dry county and disturbing the peace.

Both players bonded out around 1:30 a.m.

According to Garnett, a security guard at The Pointe called for assistance to shut down a party held in Green’s apartment at the complex near MSU’s campus. Green and Ward were the only ones arrested from the party.

Garnett indicated Green wasn’t being completely cooperative with officers to garner the resisting arrest charge, but said no altercation took place.

“We were trying to put handcuffs on him and he was pulling away,” Garnett said. “Wasn’t a fight or anything.”

A Mississippi State spokesman said the team is aware of the arrests and the school will let the process play out with discipline being handled internally.

Green and Ward were both in attendance at Mississippi State’s football practices on Friday and Saturday as the Bulldogs prepare for the Belk Bowl to be held in Charlotte, North Carolina on Dec. 30.

Green was just named to the All-Southeastern Conference Freshman Team in a vote by league coaches on Thursday. The Greenville native has played in all 12 of MSU’s regular season games this year and totaled 44 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and one interception.

Ward, a former walk-on who earned a scholarship prior to the 2014 season, also played in all 12 games. The Wetumpka, Alabama native tallied 14 tackles with one tackle for loss and half of a sack.
https://sdnmsu.wordpress.com/2015/12/12/mississippi-state-linebackers-green-ward-arrested/
Wonder if Peacher Mullens will make a decision on whether these boyz deserve to play in the prestigious Cow Belk Bowl? [eyeroll] :eyes:

Your answers sir...
Mississippi State linebackers Green, Ward arrested
sdnsports / 3 days ago

By JOEL COLEMAN

sports@starkvilledailynews.com

A pair of Mississippi State linebackers were arrested early Friday morning at The Pointe.

According to Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Department chief deputy Chadd Garnett and records at the Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Office, redshirt freshman Gerri Green and junior DeAndre Ward were each arrested by the OCSD shortly after midnight.

Green was charged with having possession of beer in a dry county, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Ward was charged with having possession of beer in a dry county and disturbing the peace.

Both players bonded out around 1:30 a.m.

According to Garnett, a security guard at The Pointe called for assistance to shut down a party held in Green’s apartment at the complex near MSU’s campus. Green and Ward were the only ones arrested from the party.

Garnett indicated Green wasn’t being completely cooperative with officers to garner the resisting arrest charge, but said no altercation took place.

“We were trying to put handcuffs on him and he was pulling away,” Garnett said. “Wasn’t a fight or anything.”

A Mississippi State spokesman said the team is aware of the arrests and the school will let the process play out with discipline being handled internally.

Green and Ward were both in attendance at Mississippi State’s football practices on Friday and Saturday as the Bulldogs prepare for the Belk Bowl to be held in Charlotte, North Carolina on Dec. 30.

Green was just named to the All-Southeastern Conference Freshman Team in a vote by league coaches on Thursday. The Greenville native has played in all 12 of MSU’s regular season games this year and totaled 44 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and one interception.

Ward, a former walk-on who earned a scholarship prior to the 2014 season, also played in all 12 games. The Wetumpka, Alabama native tallied 14 tackles with one tackle for loss and half of a sack.
https://sdnmsu.wordpress.com/2015/12/12/mississippi-state-linebackers-green-ward-arrested/
Wonder if Peacher Mullens will make a decision on whether these boyz deserve to play in the prestigious Cow Belk Bowl? [eyeroll] :eyes:
Appreciate your post.

Wait so it's overboard because they broke the law that you don't agree with but we are crucifying one of our on players because he did something stupid with a legal drug?
Is pot legal in Georgia? Yes, possession of beer is in my opinion is overboard. But I don't make the laws. These guys also didn't crash through a 4th story window in an Atlanta motel or possessed an illegal drug-at least that we know of. They also didn't jeopardize a sure fire number 1 draft pick status in the NFL.

Is pot legal in Georgia? Yes, possession of beer is in my opinion is overboard. But I don't make the laws. These guys also didn't crash through a 4th story window in an Atlanta motel or possessed an illegal drug-at least that we know of. They also didn't jeopardize a sure fire number 1 draft pick status in the NFL.
Actually possession of alcohol in a dry county is just like being in possession of an illegal drug. I did find out it's illegal in GA to have synthetic pot but it isn't everywhere. Synthetic or regular pot is no different than alcohol was during prohibition days. The fact that a certain group decided it to be illegal is just the same as a dry county deciding beer is illegal. Doesn't matter what me and you think a misdemeanor crime is all the same.

Actually possession of alcohol in a dry county is just like being in possession of an illegal drug. I did find out it's illegal in GA to have synthetic pot but it isn't everywhere. Synthetic or regular pot is no different than alcohol was during prohibition days. The fact that a certain group decided it to be illegal is just the same as a dry county deciding beer is illegal. Doesn't matter what me and you think a misdemeanor crime is all the same.
Well, anyway, he was charged for possession of marijuana. The police found several rolled up joints. Crap!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT