ADVERTISEMENT

26 - 9 in our last 35 under Lane

M.O.B. Rebel

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Pretty remarkable. Even moreso since he's a lazy and unorganized recruiter (tic). There have been some gawd awful takes from podcast pals and fans alike, but his numbers are ELITE. He's a championship caliber head coach and is proving it with each passing Saturday. I remember Matt Luke's last days... and here we are sitting right behind UGA and Bama, with a free shot at Georgia coming up. It's unbelievable how far we've come under Lane. He, along with several others from the University, have created this perfect storm of momentum. Gamedays in Oxford are radically different - we actually have a homefield advantage now (something Lane had to beg for). It feels sustainable, as long as Lane is HC and Pete is DC. They're a really good match. I ride the defense pretty hard, but it's because I have high expectations for Pete. If we can keep those 2 together for the next 3-5 years, anything is attainable. Yes, Ole Miss can win a football championship. Let's enjoy the ride, but more importantly, take advantage of this moment. It will take all of us.

Georgia game: I'll be curious to see how we handle a night game in Athens. Truthfully, these aren't games Ole Miss typically plays in. A lot of national ramifications riding on this game. It's my opinion that you have to learn from/experience these moments before it's comfortable as a program. I'm not expecting to beat UGA, but my hope is we punch them in the mouth and give them hell. The trajectory of the Ole Miss program is just taking off. And I am here for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News