ADVERTISEMENT

4 ol's to have surgery tomorrow

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
Tell me again how that pos turf of ours is cutting down on injuries, minus the kickbacks paid by the manufacturer to the powers that be.. Give me a break! Archie once said that VHS stadium "when it was grass" was the best field he ever played on. Treadwell and sanders may chip in here!

Originally posted by zreb:
Tell me again how that pos turf of ours is cutting down on injuries, minus the kickbacks paid by the manufacturer to the powers that be.. Give me a break! Archie once said that VHS stadium "when it was grass" was the best field he ever played on. Treadwell and sanders may chip in here!
Treadwell's injury had little to do with "artificial turf" and much to do with a 230 pound linebacker rolling up on his ankle. Sanders' injury was similar while being tackled out of bounds. Natural "grass" would not have helped either one. Injuries happen...Laremy Tunsil didn't hurt his bicep from playing on artificial turf.

This post was edited on 1/8 11:04 PM by TheRebels'Advocate

I agree w Z on this issue. I have no evidence to support art turf causes more injuries, but it sure seems to be a common denominator. Take too hard of a cut on grass, and the earth will give, even make ruts. This artificial stuff doesn't. Having played soccer in college, I dreaded playing on art turf. Sure, it's not to blame for all injuries, i.e Tunsil. Hell, they even named an injury after it "turf toe"... Don't crucify me, last comment was more of a joke

have you guys been on the field? Or the IPF field? It is the same stuff as what is at the new Oxford HS, Tupelo HS, and South Panola....It isn't your old artificial turf...It give a lot and is very cushioned when you fall...Actually feels like your playing on grass on a field that was built with sand as a foundation...

I coached football on all of those fields this year...these injuries are NOT turf related..

eli, I trust what you say. We used to be allowed to play on the old turf in the mid 70's on Sunday afternoons. It was like playing on asphalt, and we were playing flag-tackle. I got shin-splints from just a few hours on that crap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT