ADVERTISEMENT

A downside for Kelly to wait

zreb

All-Pro NFL
Feb 27, 2002
Is what if Patterson comes in and beats him out? Could happen or he has some semi nagging injury that let's him play a little. Ya never know

Is what if Patterson comes in and beats him out? Could happen or he has some semi nagging injury that let's him play a little. Ya never know

Surely, you jest. NO ONE is going to "beat out" Chad Kelly as starting QB considering the season he just had. Kelly is as much of a Heisman candidate going into next season, as anybody in the country.

My response is, I cannot come up with one that is appropriate. Maybe "come on man".

Reactions: msdeltareb
Think about this for a minute, Eli didn't start as a freshman, in the SEC. Any freshman that has had any success in the SEC has been at the least a redshirt freshman that means a full year in the system before playing. Patterson is good but he isn't the next coming of the savior.

I don't care if Kelly has a nagging injury or not. No true freshman could take his job. Eli sat on the bench and watched Miller play. Enough said.

Reactions: Fishing123
Surely, you jest. NO ONE is going to "beat out" Chad Kelly as starting QB considering the season he just had. Kelly is as much of a Heisman candidate going into next season, as anybody in the country.
Agreed, of course, barring injury. Going out on a limb, and stated this before, in my opinion he's just as great as Archie was, if not better. Yes, Heisman talk is appropriate in my view. You may disagree. But we are loaded with good QBs for the future-Pellerin, Patterson. Was at Manning's in New Orleans and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Kelly is incredible-a winner, and we have a very bright future every way you look at it!

Was that aimed at me? Your point sir, if so?
Sorry, meant to quote - was aimed at OP. The idea that any freshman could come in and beat CK out for the starting job is ridiculous and laughable.

Sorry, meant to quote - was aimed at OP. The idea that any freshman could come in and beat CK out for the starting job is ridiculous and laughable.
No problem, and you're probably correct. It's great to know, however, we have another great one waiting for his turn. And Pellerin isn't so bad either. After almost 40 years of being an Ole Miss nutcase, I've never felt so optimistic about our chances of being in the National Championship-yeah, I said it-within the next 4 years. Unlike previous years, we just keep reloading with much better recruits.

I'm hoping we turn chad loose the whole year instead of just letting him run the last 5 games.

We do that and we may not have an option but to take the redshirt off Patterson.
Wouldn't that happen anyway? You may know more than me, but generally speaking, don't freshmen usually redshirt? Hardly believe Chad will give in to a freshman in spite of the latter's ability. Need clarification here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT