ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: A few quick notes from the media opp today

Chase Parham

RebelGrove.com Editor
Staff
May 11, 2009
I have a couple things coming story-wise, but here a a couple quick things that stuck out today.

Mike said Diamond and McDaniel's pitch counts this week will be around 90 if things go well, and Gaddis is just shy of that. Probably 75ish. He missed a week earlier this spring so he's behind on getting stretched out.

They are completely healthy. Elko rolled his ankle over the weekend but he's fine. Max Cioffi threw a live bullpen today and felt good. I think he's still a month away, but there haven't been any setbacks. All good there.

Gonzalez got the hair dyed yesterday at The Parlor.

Drew McDaniel wears a Whoop, and he told me that he obviously can't pitch with anything on his wrist so he's been looking for a band that allows it to be worn on his bicep. He thinks he's borrowing one from Wes Burton. I'm taking mental note of that. I'd love to see his heart rate and strain data during a start. Maybe a story for a few weeks from now.

McCants was taking some extra work at shortstop today. Gonzo isn't getting moved, but it's noteworthy nonetheless. Mike had said McCants can play third, but really he wants him in the middle if he's in the infield.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.