ADVERTISEMENT

After exactly a year of lifting weights, my joints feel best they have in over 15 years

FairviewReb

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2013
I started out pretty slow...maxed 110 on decline bench press & 180 on leg press. Could have done more I'm guessing, but I didn't want to hurt something right out of the gate. Now I can max lift 235 on decline bench press (goal of 245 by the end of this year) & 385 leg press. Really struggling with shoulder press tho - 90 lbs. with only 8 reps is the best I can do. I rep on 36 stations (repeat each one 3 times) in about 100 minutes. I've put on 6 lbs. (197 lbs.) and have lost 1-2 inches on my waistline.

My joints aren't really feeling any aches while I lift (except my elbows on tricep extension) , but are in fact feeling better overall. I get off the floor or out of my big chair without any grunting or stiffness. I can hit a good walking pace almost immediately...even after a 2-3 hour car ride - that was definitely NOT the case in 2021.

Now that I've got some REAL strength back in my legs, I've started doing 50m "sprints" as well - about 3 weeks into that training. Tuesday, I was able to run 6 of my 7 times between 9.1 & 9.6 seconds. Right now that's all I can do in a session before the muscles start wanting to cramp up a little. My goal next year is to place in the top 6 in my age class at the Texas Senior Games Track & Field competition.

I really have to thank my kids for keeping me fairly active all through my 50's. My wife & I started having children later in life, and I've always wanted to participate in whatever activities they wanted to do - didn't want to be an old-man burden. All this exercise has also helped a lot with the stress associated with my job - feel refreshed almost every day when I start work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.