ADVERTISEMENT

After yesterday's game, here's my latest lineup...

Bobforapples

SEC Player of the Year
Gold Member
Jan 31, 2002
Servideo - RF
Olenek - CF
Dillard - LF
Keenan - 3B
Zabowski - 1B
Kessinger - SS
Johnson - C
Adams - 2B
Cockrell/Elko - DH

This lineup would be primarily against right handed pitching. If you're facing a left hander, I think you probably put Servideo at 2B, Cockrell/Elko in RF, and the other at DH. That is unless you decide to put Fitzsimmons at DH. Not completely out of the question.

What's unmistakeable at this point is that CMB simply has to change the lead off slot. While Grae got two hits yesterday, but Servideo's OBP is over .500 and 200+ points higher than Kessinger's. He has more RBI, more BBs, and more SBs with Grae having nearly double the ABs. At this point there's just no excuse for him to not be leading off. Moreover, I think Grae is better suited to hit down in the order.

I've still got Cockrell and Elko as 1A and 1B for the moment at DH simply because of the their production in the fall, but CMB has to be running out of patience with both of them. Between the two, they have 1 HR, 7 RBI, and 22 strikeouts, and we haven't even reached SEC play yet. That dog just won't hunt. Cockrell's only saving grace is that he's been getting on base via the walk quite a bit (fun fact: his OBP is actually higher than it was last year), but he's yet to hit a HR and has struck out 16 times. Elko looks lost right now, and while you think talent is there, at some point it has to show up on game day.

Bottom line is that they are in the lineup for their power production and they are simply not producing. Your only hope for them to break out is to keep giving them both at bats like you did with Golsan last year. The difference between last year and this year is that your pitching staff isn't good enough to give you the luxury of waiting around on a player; it's obvious to everyone who's seen them play multiple games by now that this team is going to need to score runs...a lot of them. Indeed, you would think that CMB is shortly coming to the place where if the production doesn't improve, he simply have to start giving others some at bats (i.e. Fitzsimmons, Graham, etc.).

Any chance we see any of this come to pass @Chase Parham?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.