ADVERTISEMENT

Alright, whatcha got?

LSUwiggz

Rookie
May 29, 2001
This presents an interesting opportunity for a social experiment. Visitors to this board have been told for the past 18 months that they didn't have the slightest idea what was going on in Oxford, that they were too blinded by their fear of Ole Miss as a rising power in the West. Most recently, we've been described as 'stupid, smack-talking outsiders'... visitors on the other hand, have maintained that the Ole Miss fanbase was being lied to by their administration, and that they were entirely too eager to swallow those lies, hook, line and sinker, that they were too close to the situation to see it objectively.

I posted this on May 31st, 2016, just about 14 months ago:

"As an outside observer, I'm thinking a minimum of 5 scholarships lost for three years (15 total), though 20 over four years or 25 over five years wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Add to that 5 years probation and a 2 year postseason ban, likely with a loss of revenue share from the league's post-season payments for those two years... and then of course the requisite loss in evaluation days/official visits, etc. Current players will also likely be given the option of transferring without having to sit out in the wake of these penalties."

That was my prediction and I'm sticking too it. Of course, I was roundly ridiculed for making such a desperate and ignorant statement, but whatever, I'm fine with it.

Now is the chance to see who really has a grasp on what's going on, to see which fans have their feet grounded in reality and which fans are still pretending that things are worse/not as bad as they actually are.

Let's all go on record stating what we each think is going to happen to Ole Miss when the NCAA penalties are handed down. Its time for all of us to put up or shut up.

Last edited:
Damn you're way too emotionally invested in this. You spent a minimum of two hours of your evening working on a 300 word haha told you so piece, get it together fella. I'm not sure when the immunity interviews were announced but if they were by the time of your prediction it isn't crazy cause they screamed desperation by the NCAA to hit OM come hell or high water. If OM can't get the supposed pay for play redacted or dropped your prediction will be pretty accurate, if they do get it dropped they'll accept the OM self-imposed.

Damn you're way too emotionally invested in this. You spent a minimum of two hours of your evening working on a 300 word haha told you so piece, get it together fella. I'm not sure when the immunity interviews were announced but if they were by the time of your prediction it isn't crazy cause they screamed desperation by the NCAA to hit OM come hell or high water. If OM can't get the supposed pay for play redacted or dropped your prediction will be pretty accurate, if they do get it dropped they'll accept the OM self-imposed.
I'm about as emotionally invested in this as I might be a Will Farrell comedy - kind of like Old School, except that instead of lasting two hours, its lasted two years thus far...

That prediction was made on this site months before the start of the 2016 football season. Ole Miss self-imposed its bowl ban in February of this year, about 7 months later, after almost a year of people speculating that they might receive a bowl ban from the NCAA being scoffed at by OM fans for being clueless.

FWIW, it doesn't take everyone a minimum two hours to compose a 300 word post. In fact, the one above was done using 'talk-to-text' while I was driving to dinner (though I do admit I did the italics and some of the punctuation while at a traffic light).

I appreciate the response. Its frustrating how its getting more and more difficult to get any OM fans to go on record, when before you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting three OM fans who would tell you smugly that there was nothing to any of this...

In reference to your post that shows uploaded at 7 pm and edited at 9 pm, indicates you spent a minimum of two hours focused on it and its content yesterday evening. You said your prediction was made 31 May 2016, as I stated if the immunity interviews were public by then it would have been a good guess. If they were not public then the only info to base that prediction on would have been the first NOA and the staged Tunsil incident. I'll let you in on a little secret, that was not the first time the NCAA saw those "hacked" images.

In reference to your post that shows uploaded at 7 pm and edited at 9 pm, indicates you spent a minimum of two hours focused on it and its content yesterday evening. You said your prediction was made 31 May 2016, as I stated if the immunity interviews were public by then it would have been a good guess. If they were not public then the only info to base that prediction on would have been the first NOA and the staged Tunsil incident. I'll let you in on a little secret, that was not the first time the NCAA saw those "hacked" images.
Wow. Now who's fixating, eh?

I made the post using talk-to-text on the drive to dinner, had a nice meal, spent a while browsing the local Barnes & Noble and came home. When I glanced in later that night, I noticed a couple of typographical errors that talk-to-text is (in)famous for. Typos tend to bug me for whatever reason, so I edited the post to fix them. Hope that helps you resolve your timeline...

Don't "wigg" out, it is called teasing don't look into too much. Back to your topic, what do you predict happening depending on the ifs in this case? What if Leo doesn't show, what if Leo retracts his statement, what if the COI disagrees with the investigators on the level of a number of actions, does more articles exposing the investigators breaking rules, harassment, breaking laws help the OM case?

Don't "wigg" out, it is called teasing don't look into too much. Back to your topic, what do you predict happening depending on the ifs in this case? What if Leo doesn't show, what if Leo retracts his statement, what if the COI disagrees with the investigators on the level of a number of actions, does more articles exposing the investigators breaking rules, harassment, breaking laws help the OM case?
Wow, that's a lot of 'if's... and a lot of it based on circumstances that really only matter to OM faithful looking for a way out. IF all of those things you mention were to happen, it doesn't change the fact that Ole Miss is still facing some of the worst allegations leveled at a school in the modern era. We can all take a lesson from the USC situation... the NCAA knew that Carroll and USC were WAY dirtier than they were able to prove, so they took what they could prove and absolutely hammered them for it. Kinda like Capone getting busted for tax evasion.

Looking at it objectively, I can't see any way the NCAA merely accepts OM's self-imposed sanctions. At this point I think what I posted above will hold up, with the 3 years/15 scholarship reductions being best case for OM, and 5 years/25 scholarship reductions probably being worst case. I don't see how they avoid the two-year bowl ban and the permission for student athletes to transfer in any case. It should also be kept in mind that there have been recent violations in other sports, which suggests a culture of unethical behavior rather than some rogue booster or coach... and if they want to punish the university overall, football is the only real revenue-producing sport, so that's what they go after.

Remember, the NCAA doesn't have subpoena power. They had to jump through all of those hoops and engage in those shenanigans because OM lied to them and colluded with the media to lie to their fans and muddy the waters of public opinion. The NCAA isn't going to back off and say 'our bad' for doing what had to be done to get around the roadblocks that OM put up, and they aren't going to thank the university for trying to make them look bad throughout the process.

At the end of the day, I look at this the way I do the situation with the Russians and Hillary's emails... the very worst that the Russians have been accused of still boils down to exposing the truth about Hillary and her DNC collaborators - in their own words, no less - to the American voters. Its a shame that the Russians had to be the ones to do it, but we can't trust our 'free' press to keep the people informed.

Its a shame the NCAA had to do what they had to do to get to the truth of the matter, but we can't trust the member institution to be open and forthright when its their interests on the line. Honestly, I don't understand why more OM fans aren't livid at Freeze for deceiving them all this time and even moreso with the administration for lying and making things worse. My focus would be on MY university; I'd be far more concerned with running those guys out of town than with playing gotcha games and trying to 'catch' the NCAA while they were trying to catch us.

This presents an interesting opportunity for a social experiment. Visitors to this board have been told for the past 18 months that they didn't have the slightest idea what was going on in Oxford, that they were too blinded by their fear of Ole Miss as a rising power in the West. Most recently, we've been described as 'stupid, smack-talking outsiders'... visitors on the other hand, have maintained that the Ole Miss fanbase was being lied to by their administration, and that they were entirely too eager to swallow those lies, hook, line and sinker, that they were too close to the situation to see it objectively.

I posted this on May 31st, 2016, just about 14 months ago:

"As an outside observer, I'm thinking a minimum of 5 scholarships lost for three years (15 total), though 20 over four years or 25 over five years wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. Add to that 5 years probation and a 2 year postseason ban, likely with a loss of revenue share from the league's post-season payments for those two years... and then of course the requisite loss in evaluation days/official visits, etc. Current players will also likely be given the option of transferring without having to sit out in the wake of these penalties."

That was my prediction and I'm sticking too it. Of course, I was roundly ridiculed for making such a desperate and ignorant statement, but whatever, I'm fine with it.

Now is the chance to see who really has a grasp on what's going on, to see which fans have their feet grounded in reality and which fans are still pretending that things are worse/not as bad as they actually are.

Let's all go on record stating what we each think is going to happen to Ole Miss when the NCAA penalties are handed down. Its time for all of us to put up or shut up.
Feel better now?

You need to worry about Ed punching someone ,or tearing up Hotel room. He may also pull off his shirt and challenge the whole team to a fight, now you have a Rebel fan go on record and state that OLE MISS will be just fine. Now go back to tiger high school.

You need to worry about Ed punching someone ,or tearing up Hotel room. He may also pull off his shirt and challenge the whole team to a fight, now you have a Rebel fan go on record and state that OLE MISS will be just fine. Now go back to tiger high school.
We're not too worried about Coach 'O'... he didnt have too much trouble slapping Freezus around last year, did he?

For argument's sake, could you define 'just fine' for me?

Kool-aid drinking homers. Ranchreb was the best, told us exactly was going to happen for 2 years, absolutely nothing he said came to be.

Kool-aid drinking homers. Ranchreb was the best, told us exactly was going to happen for 2 years, absolutely nothing he said came to be.
I will go on record and say that the coi board will accept the seif imposed bowl ban and scholarship reductions and call it a four and a half year disaster for the ncaa.

Wow, that's a lot of 'if's... and a lot of it based on circumstances that really only matter to OM faithful looking for a way out. IF all of those things you mention were to happen, it doesn't change the fact that Ole Miss is still facing some of the worst allegations leveled at a school in the modern era. We can all take a lesson from the USC situation... the NCAA knew that Carroll and USC were WAY dirtier than they were able to prove, so they took what they could prove and absolutely hammered them for it. Kinda like Capone getting busted for tax evasion.

Looking at it objectively, I can't see any way the NCAA merely accepts OM's self-imposed sanctions. At this point I think what I posted above will hold up, with the 3 years/15 scholarship reductions being best case for OM, and 5 years/25 scholarship reductions probably being worst case. I don't see how they avoid the two-year bowl ban and the permission for student athletes to transfer in any case. It should also be kept in mind that there have been recent violations in other sports, which suggests a culture of unethical behavior rather than some rogue booster or coach... and if they want to punish the university overall, football is the only real revenue-producing sport, so that's what they go after.

Remember, the NCAA doesn't have subpoena power. They had to jump through all of those hoops and engage in those shenanigans because OM lied to them and colluded with the media to lie to their fans and muddy the waters of public opinion. The NCAA isn't going to back off and say 'our bad' for doing what had to be done to get around the roadblocks that OM put up, and they aren't going to thank the university for trying to make them look bad throughout the process.

At the end of the day, I look at this the way I do the situation with the Russians and Hillary's emails... the very worst that the Russians have been accused of still boils down to exposing the truth about Hillary and her DNC collaborators - in their own words, no less - to the American voters. Its a shame that the Russians had to be the ones to do it, but we can't trust our 'free' press to keep the people informed.

Its a shame the NCAA had to do what they had to do to get to the truth of the matter, but we can't trust the member institution to be open and forthright when its their interests on the line. Honestly, I don't understand why more OM fans aren't livid at Freeze for deceiving them all this time and even moreso with the administration for lying and making things worse. My focus would be on MY university; I'd be far more concerned with running those guys out of town than with playing gotcha games and trying to 'catch' the NCAA while they were trying to catch us.
You sure do have a lot invested in the ncaa investegation of the ole miss sports, my question is, what is in this for you? Are you being paid big bucks to harass ole miss fans on their free board? You sure have been working really hard at it, and don't tell me it's all because you are concerned about college football cause that is a crock of crap.

I will go on record and say that the coi board will accept the seif imposed bowl ban and scholarship reductions and call it a four and a half year disaster for the ncaa.
FINALLY an OM fan willing to go on record. Thank God someone has the courage to state their beliefs openly... a year ago it wasn't quite so difficult to get opinions on the subject.

I appreciate you answering honestly. It will be interesting to see who among us has a better grasp on the state of your program.

You sure do have a lot invested in the ncaa investegation of the ole miss sports, my question is, what is in this for you? Are you being paid big bucks to harass ole miss fans on their free board? You sure have been working really hard at it, and don't tell me it's all because you are concerned about college football cause that is a crock of crap.
When you say 'a lot invested' and 'working really hard at it', what do you mean, exactly? A handful of messages on a free chat board discussing relevant news of the day. Uh... yeah, okay.

No, I'm not concerned about college football as a whole - regardless of what happens with Ole Miss, college football will go on as it always has. In the grand scheme of things this is only a moderate blip on the radar nationally... regionally its a bit more significant, especially here in the SEC West where it impacts us all to some degree or other.

The unfortunate reality is that you seem determined to see this as harassment. Sure, there are occasional trolls here as there are everywhere, but ANYONE who comes to this site asking for honest opinions or offering their own, anyone who comes to this site trying to have a legitimate discussion is attacked and castigated, accused of harassment. Discussion isn't harassment. Asking for other's thoughts isn't harassment. Its actually quite literally what these boards were created for... its a shame that you don't get that. If all you want is an echo chamber, well, you're really missing out on a lot. It might explain why you never seem to understand what's actually going on though...

Try this - approach each new poster as if they were a human being and not some malignant blight on your existence. Listen to what they have to say, and if asked for your thoughts on the matter, offer them up honestly and respectfully. If you find someone onerous or vexatious, just ignore them... I think you'll find your life much improved.

I get what
When you say 'a lot invested' and 'working really hard at it', what do you mean, exactly? A handful of messages on a free chat board discussing relevant news of the day. Uh... yeah, okay.

No, I'm not concerned about college football as a whole - regardless of what happens with Ole Miss, college football will go on as it always has. In the grand scheme of things this is only a moderate blip on the radar nationally... regionally its a bit more significant, especially here in the SEC West where it impacts us all to some degree or other.

The unfortunate reality is that you seem determined to see this as harassment. Sure, there are occasional trolls here as there are everywhere, but ANYONE who comes to this site asking for honest opinions or offering their own, anyone who comes to this site trying to have a legitimate discussion is attacked and castigated, accused of harassment. Discussion isn't harassment. Asking for other's thoughts isn't harassment. Its actually quite literally what these boards were created for... its a shame that you don't get that. If all you want is an echo chamber, well, you're really missing out on a lot. It might explain why you never seem to understand what's actually going on though...

Try this - approach each new poster as if they were a human being and not some malignant blight on your existence. Listen to what they have to say, and if asked for your thoughts on the matter, offer them up honestly and respectfully. If you find someone onerous or vexatious, just ignore them... I think you'll find your life much improved.
I get what you are saying, but a lsu fan spending so much time on our board smells like you have an agenda to me.

I get what

I get what you are saying, but a lsu fan spending so much time on our board smells like you have an agenda to me.
I'm not going to lie - when all this first came out I came on this board to try and get the true story... and I got attacked by sanctimonious and self-righteous OM fans who acted like only a troll or an idiot could possibly think there was anything to this... really caused me to lose any synpathy for Rebel fans. But a lot of those guys have suddenly fallen silent and disappeared, so whatever.

At this point, August is the slowest month of the year and any football discussion is of interest... and like it or not, this is a NATIONAL story that will impact the West and the SEC as a whole for years to come. Its worth discussing and who better to discuss it with than the people in the middle if all of it? If a handful of jerkoff fans learn a little humility in the process, so much the better.

I'm not going to lie - when all this first came out I came on this board to try and get the true story... and I got attacked by sanctimonious and self-righteous OM fans who acted like only a troll or an idiot could possibly think there was anything to this... really caused me to lose any synpathy for Rebel fans. But a lot of those guys have suddenly fallen silent and disappeared, so whatever.

At this point, August is the slowest month of the year and any football discussion is of interest... and like it or not, this is a NATIONAL story that will impact the West and the SEC as a whole for years to come. Its worth discussing and who better to discuss it with than the people in the middle if all of it? If a handful of jerkoff fans learn a little humility in the process, so much the better.
I'm pretty confident that lsu, alabama, msu and auburn fans is rooting big time for the ncaa to hand down a near death penalty for our football program, so why would ole miss fans want to be civil to you and those other hacks?

I'm pretty confident that lsu, alabama, msu and auburn fans is rooting big time for the ncaa to hand down a near death penalty for our football program, so why would ole miss fans want to be civil to you and those other hacks?
I'm curious, why are you confidant in that belief? What would their reasoning be?

The fact that everyone of you morons that come over here constantly say "I hope the NCAA comes down as hard as they can"
Every one of us morons, eh? And constantly?

Have I said it?

Again, what the reasoning be behind such a statement? It hurts the conference and sets a precedent we could all have to worry about.

Every one of us morons, eh? And constantly?

Have I said it?

Again, what the reasoning be behind such a statement? It hurts the conference and sets a precedent we could all have to worry about.

You all have to worry because you all have done the same things we have done. If you are wanting kind words you might wanna go to your board and hang out.

You all have to worry because you all have done the same things we have done. If you are wanting kind words you might wanna go to your board and hang out.
I'm not worried about kind, but I'd love to at least see something that makes sense.

You said 'all you morons say it constantly'... but when asked if I say it (presumably one of 'all you morons'), you deflect and change the subject. When I ask what our reasoning would be behind wanting the NCAA to come down hard on OM, you again deflect and change the subject - actually making a point that supports my position rather than yours.

A little consistency and a little common sense would go a long way in this discussion.

Again:

If all us morons are always saying what you claim, why haven't I said it even once?

What would the reasoning be behind fans from other SEC schools wanting to see OM get a near death penalty from the NCAA?

I have to say, your justifications for acting like jerks to visitors are really coming up short. Instead of deflecting, justifying, name-calling and making false accusations, can't we actually have a discussion... you know, on these discussion boards?

I'm not worried about kind, but I'd love to at least see something that makes sense.

You said 'all you morons say it constantly'... but when asked if I say it (presumably one of 'all you morons'), you deflect and change the subject. When I ask what our reasoning would be behind wanting the NCAA to come down hard on OM, you again deflect and change the subject - actually making a point that supports my position rather than yours.

A little consistency and a little common sense would go a long way in this discussion.

Again:

If all us morons are always saying what you claim, why haven't I said it even once?

What would the reasoning be behind fans from other SEC schools wanting to see OM get a near death penalty from the NCAA?

I have to say, your justifications for acting like jerks to visitors are really coming up short. Instead of deflecting, justifying, name-calling and making false accusations, can't we actually have a discussion... you know, on these discussion boards?
And yet you are still here asking for the same thing. Didn't einstein say the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over while hoping for a different outcome. Go enjoy your corndogs and shotty coach lol

And yet you are still here asking for the same thing. Didn't einstein say the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over while hoping for a different outcome. Go enjoy your corndogs and shotty coach lol
So what you are saying is that expecting common sense or consistency - or even an answer that makes sense - on this board is insanity? Okay...

Lol - and you wonder some people are enjoying watching the utter collapse at OM so much... you really seem to be going out of your way to make it easy.

So what you are saying is that expecting common sense or consistency - or even an answer that makes sense - on this board is insanity? Okay...

Lol - and you wonder some people are enjoying watching the utter collapse at OM so much... you really seem to be going out of your way to make it easy.
If you say that you want a good outcome for ole miss you are a LIAR and you know it, you and the other hacks have never fooled me. I have known from the start that you hack fans of other programs are on this board to try and rub our faces in the problems that our program is facing. Well, rub it it in dude, cause your time will come.

If you say that you want a good outcome for ole miss you are a LIAR and you know it, you and the other hacks have never fooled me. I have known from the start that you hack fans of other programs are on this board to try and rub our faces in the problems that our program is facing. Well, rub it it in dude, cause your time will come.
Um...

okay.

Not likely, OM is going to be made an example. small school with small alumni base in a small population state, at least 2 year bowl ban, 20 lost scholarships over 5 years and players will be allowed to transfer without sitting a year. Will take 10 years to recover from this.

Not likely, OM is going to be made an example. small school with small alumni base in a small population state, at least 2 year bowl ban, 20 lost scholarships over 5 years and players will be allowed to transfer without sitting a year. Will take 10 years to recover from this.
And it that ten years we will still go 5-5 or 6-4 with you leghumpers. Hell when you had Dak and all his glory you only beat us once lol

Hahaha yeah I bet you would love that. 2-3 year bowl ban and loss of 25-35 scholarships is thought to be the starting point. Steve Robertson is hinting there will be more, and he's been spot-on so far.

BTW, Freeze will be appearing with Ole Miss when they meet the COI. That will be interesting, both parties will be in a race to blame the other, and they likely both go down together.

And it that ten years we will still go 5-5 or 6-4 with you leghumpers. Hell when you had Dak and all his glory you only beat us once lol
\\
lol, you barely on MSU's level cheating your rears off, buying players, furnishing vehicles, providing living expense for families and you think after major probation. After this probation period OM is likely to be on the level of Mississippi Valley. If the NCAA alllows the players to transfer out without sitting a year OM will be lucky to field a tearm in 18.

Re: Transfers; Ole Miss is in Oxford, not Starkville! We may lose a few, but most will chose to live and play for the "Flagship"! We shall return sooner rather than later!

I don't care if you go 10-0 against MSU the next 10 years, but with the damage already done and the transfers at the end of this season, you best schedule some JUCO teams if you want to approach going 5-5 against anyone. Breaking even with state when OM was cheating and Freeze was tweeting. He was a fraud when he was coaching HS ball and a fraud at OM, he is the one responsible for the mess OM is in now. Either he knew about what was going on and encouraged or turned a blind eye to it, or he was too concerned with his own personal going ons he didn't care what his coaches were doing, it has to be one or the other. But hiring Chris Kiffin should let everyone know his intentions from the start.

I don't care if you go 10-0 against MSU the next 10 years, but with the damage already done and the transfers at the end of this season, you best schedule some JUCO teams if you want to approach going 5-5 against anyone. Breaking even with state when OM was cheating and Freeze was tweeting. He was a fraud when he was coaching HS ball and a fraud at OM, he is the one responsible for the mess OM is in now. Either he knew about what was going on and encouraged or turned a blind eye to it, or he was too concerned with his own personal going ons he didn't care what his coaches were doing, it has to be one or the other. But hiring Chris Kiffin should let everyone know his intentions from the start.
There is merit to what you say, but in your haste to bash Freeze, you seem to forget that bjork is up to his ass in all this.

Firing Freeze should be just the first step. Bjork has to go. Three scandals in his department with the football program about to be decimated. A fish rots from the head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT