ADVERTISEMENT

At what point does Coach Kennedy bench Summers

Johnnyreb2

Rookie
Feb 5, 2015
With an NCAA Tournament bid and great season on the line, WHEN DOES COACH KENNEDY GO WITH SMITH? I am a huge summers fan but I swear if Moody takes the last shot against ark.... I know that is pure speculation but does anyone else understand what I'm talking about?

This post was edited on 2/20 1:48 AM by Johnnyreb2

Originally posted by Johnnyreb2:
With an NCAA Tournament bid and great season on the line, WHEN DOES COACH KENNEDY GO WITH SMITH? I am a huge summers fan but I swear if Moody takes the last shot against ark.... I know that is pure speculation but does anyone else understand what I'm talking about?

This post was edited on 2/20 1:48 AM by Johnnyreb2
Is Jarvis' problem all in his head? Is there something going on between Summers & Moody that we don't know about? Has Moody's stellar play shaken Summers' confidence/performance? I'm simply throwing that out there because it's a real mystery why Summers has under performed and can't seem to get his game on. I do not think we're being told the whole story.[/B]

Moody is not without fault. It was his defensive lapse that allowed Arkansas to score their final goal. Had he boxed his man out he would not have gotten the ball underneath the basket for an easy layup.

I guess what I'm getting at is that jarv is summer's play seems to be lagging and Terence Smith is contributing by scoring and is a better ball handler, better scorer, 3 point threat. I have appreciated Summer's play over the last 4 years. But is he our best chance to win. ..I more than anybody wants to see the Summers of old. It's just time is running out

This post was edited on 2/20 8:55 AM by Johnnyreb2

Jarvis is having a bad stretch, but I want him on the court. He's one of the best in the league and has earned the right to play through this. He's too good to bench.

Originally posted by SPXrebel:
Jarvis is having a bad stretch, but I want him on the court. He's one of the best in the league and has earned the right to play through this. He's too good to bench.
How many games does it take for him to "play through this'' before jeopardizing the season. No one knows...and, AK has to do what's best for the team. Any time Jarvis is under performing, then he needs to 'ride the wood' (benched).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT