ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball over investment, just want to put this out there ...

4thqtrReb

NFL's No. 1 Draft Choice
Sep 9, 2003
Atlanta GA
If we can't handle USM with everything we have invested in baseball, it can not be overstated as to how far off our priorities have been.

The NEZ at Vaught Hemingway has sat there year after year as an embarrassment. We kept investing millions upon millions across the street into baseball, which with all of its local accolades is a money loser. The school most of you guys criticize, Mississippi State is currently doing the same thing and trying to build some Taj Mahal monument to the sport in Starkville.

College baseball is fringe. We get our asses handed to us every year by programs which do not invest nearly this amount into the sport. I get that you can make an argument that we are over investing in basketball, but the NCAA basketball tournament makes baseball look totally fringe in comparison when you look at the true interest in the sport. The recent podcast comments on the need for further investments in that baseball facility, especially in areas which are "underground" or not visible is a concern.

Please realize that baseball success moving forward will not be an arms race. It never has been. William and Mary and USM beat the snot out of us on a yearly basis. I realize we may not be throwing the kitchen sink at them but this season in baseball is a disaster so far. When you throw up losses year after year to USM, it jus gets silly to continue to be proud of the facility when we can't even handle a little brother in our own State.

Time to make VHS something to be proud of. No more fringe spending. Invest in the facility that will pay back hand over fist. And before you say that the current NEZ plan is anything more than a bandaid, I beg to differ. All it does is emphasize that we built buildings and facilities in the way of the biggest investment opportunity on campus.

4thqtr

This post was edited on 4/8 8:23 AM by 4thqtrReb

This post was edited on 4/8 8:26 AM by 4thqtrReb

This post was edited on 4/8 8:31 AM by 4thqtrReb

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News