ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball

I predicted before the season we'd go 7-11 in the SEC. We overachieved IMO.

AK is a bad coach..

This fan base thinks AK is over-achieving? That is ridiculous...seriously.

After this year...AK will have brought you guys to ONE...ONE...ONE NCAA appearance after 9 seasons.

He has had 2 plus full recruiting cycles and still has not brought an identity to your program. It has been held together by cheap glue and tape.

The only reason anyone thinks the Ole Miss Basketball program over achieved this season has very low expectations about the basketball program.

Keep it up...keep having low expectations.

If you are happy with a head coach bringing your program to the NCAA tourny once ever decade...great.

If you are happy with a head coach having a .527 win/loss percentage within your own conference over the course of a decade...great.

Saying AK over-achieved with 1 NCAA tourny is 9 years means...you expected ZERO appearances these past 9 years.

Saying AK is over-achieving with a .527 conference record means you expected Ole Miss Basketball to be under .500 these past 9 years.

Sad...very sad. I say this with all sincerity.

I would like to see how many McDonald's all Americans would like to come play in the tad pad or any other of the circumstances the ole miss ' basketball program. Rob Evans had Nolan Richardson as a pipe line of Arkansas talent to come here because at that time Arkansas was recruiting nationally. AK coaching has been done with a lot of smoke and mirrors due to the fact that in the last 9 years he's had little to no help until now with the administration. Some of his coaching influences are Bob Huggins, Gene Bartow, and Jim Valvano. You know what it takes to win in big time college basketball $$$$$. He has done okay considering everything. For this team to even win 20 games this year is pretty good and I am by no means a Kennedy fan. I wanted him removed after his ordeal in Cincinnati but he won back to back western divisions with nothing. What coach would you recommend to replace Kennedy?

This post was edited on 3/8 3:37 PM by Johnnyreb2

the fact that you're still maintaining that OM will not make the tournament this year just shows that your "sincerity" is BS and you're bringing your stereotypically ignorant and biased MS State hate into this (repetitive) conversation. OM is a tournament lock even if they go one and done in Nashville. They may end up having to play a first round game in that case, but considering they are currently a 10 seed with a first round bye according to Lunardi, it would take quite a drastic shift for them to miss out. That would mean Kennedy has taken OM to 2 NCAAs in the last 3 years, including a conference championship. He also has two separate years with division titles, and this is all with the worst facilities and some of the worst fan support in the conference. He has done more with less than pretty much any other coach in his tenure.

That being said, expectations will be higher now, both because of recent success and the investment in the program. Should Ole Miss retreat back into mediocrity I don't think you will see the fans/administration show the same patience.

Kennedy is the best coach in the history of Ole Miss basketball. We're competitive every year. It would be stupid to roll the dice and hope to do better. See what that did for State. Rick Ray is a disaster. We're just now starting to put some money into the program.

thats a great point Ranch. It shocks me that a State fan would advocate firing a long-term coach who had enjoyed relative, albeit inconsistent, success at a school basically devoid of history and/or a sell-able recruiting pitch. Now MS St is in even worse shape and showing no signs of moving forward. Meanwhile schools like OM, LSU, and A&M, which have been (mostly) down lately are improving and leaving MSU in the cellar.

Keep telling yourself that it was a good decision and convincing yourself of the delusion that OM is making a mistake with Kennedy. We will continue to enjoy owning you.

^^ This Poster is an msu fan and^^

Has a better understanding of Andy Kennedy than OM fans and Kennedy apologists. I seldom agree with state fans, but you are right on here. I would willing "roll the dice" on Mike White to replace Kennedy today.

GOREBSGO #38

Kennedy is pretty well suited to coach UM basketball. He beat MSU twice this year, but of course MSU is playing with one hand and one leg tied together behind their backs.

I say Kennedy gets a couple of years with the new facility to see if it upgrades recruiting. Then our AD will have a more legitimate set of data to evaluate what Kennedy can do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT