ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Sky Pod from yesterday morning is a must listen. ( LONG )

RebelMatt

Four-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2013
I thought Neal and Chase did a fantastic job of breaking down the 2024 SEC TV Schedule and ( some ) of the Big 10 TV Schedule, to try and help make sense of the new way of college football.

This is all new for everyone. The fans, the TV Networks, the schools, everyone. Nobody hates 11am home kickoffs more than me, and not having one single night game in Oxford sucks.

The new TV Contracts, are the new college football. Feels NFLish. If you can think about it like this it will help you. In the current NFL, The Chiefs, and The Cowboys get the highest TV ratings every week. The Chiefs and The Cowboys hardly EVER, NEVER, play at Noon on Sunday’s. They are always showcased at 3pm, 7pm, or MNF every week. Moving forward, the same will be for Bama, Georgia, LSU, and Texas. ( *side note* Texas will soon be hated on the same level as Bama very, very, quickly ).

ESPN views Ole Miss as, let’s say, The Buffalo Bills. They are a good 11am game to put on because the uniforms look good, and Lane Kiffin gets views. Ole Miss just does not generate the TV views Bama does, and never will to make Primetime, UNLESS they just so happen to be playing Bama, LSU, Georgia, or Texas.

I hope it helps you understand that your family tailgating traditions, and waking up at 5am on a Saturday for home games will become the new normal. One will have to ask themselves is it worth it ???

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News