ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly on Tiger Stadium Yesterday…

wpman1

All-Pro NFL
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2002
Plus some related comments:

Kickoff for South Alabama on the SEC Network Saturday will be at 6:45 p.m., which Kelly and LSU fans will undoubtedly welcome. Temperatures reached only 92 degrees during the game, but the heat index hovered around 100. It was hell in the East stands in Tiger Stadium opposite LSU’s bench, and fans fled the area in the second quarter like it was on fire. It felt like that as many fans passed out or needed medical attention for heat issues.

“We would prefer later games,” Kelly said. “But we’re beholden to the national audience. I feel bad (for the fans). I hope everybody is OK.”

As UCLA tied the game at 17 late in the first half, it appeared only about 50,000 fans were inside 102,231-seat Tiger Stadium.

“I did see visually that there weren’t many people over there because the sun obviously was pounding on them,” Kelly said.

Then he came up with a remedy for the heat – sort of – as assistant athletic director Keli Zinn was at the press conference.

“I know Keli Zinn is here,” Kelly said. “She will probably give you a little more information on the retractable roof that we’re talking about. Maybe not. No, there’s no retractable roof.”

By the time Ole Miss comes in, it should be pleasant enough without a roof with a tentative kickoff time between 5 and 7 p.m. Kelly will need to have other little and big things ironed out by then, particularly on defense.

Reactions: Rebel82-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.