ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Akers number will be retired at Ole Miss

RebReb

Two-Star Prospect
Apr 19, 2002
and be displayed prominently in the biggest stadium of his home state.

In the past 4 seasons Longo's teams have rushed the ball 2559 times versus only 1864 for Florida State and 2067 for LSU. THIS despite the fact that both of those schools had two of the greatest backs in their school's history.

Akers will get a massive number of touches at Ole Miss - WAY more than any other place - and will be the first Heisman winner in Ole Miss history.

In the past 4 seasons Longo's teams have rushed the ball 2559 times versus only 1864 for Florida State and 2067 for LSU. THIS despite the fact that both of those schools had two of the greatest backs in their school's history.

Akers will get a massive number of touches at Ole Miss - WAY more than any other place - and will be the first Heisman winner in Ole Miss history.

LSU is proud that it tries to keep the # of carries of any RB between 20 and 25 per game. RB who carry the ball a lot more than this in college have their number of active years in the NFL reduced. This is a recruiting point they sell to RB. They tell them he will have a competent RB on the team with him. They don't try and sell Heisman. But LSU wants to run the ball and these recruits know that, so they know they will get plenty of action. If a recruit and his parents are serious in getting the RB in the best situation they will want him to be safe and not physically harmed.

I am not sure if # of carries will have anything to do it. But good luck to Akers on what ever he decides.

LSU is proud that it tries to keep the # of carries of any RB between 20 and 25 per game. RB who carry the ball a lot more than this in college have their number of active years in the NFL reduced. This is a recruiting point they sell to RB. They tell them he will have a competent RB on the team with him. They don't try and sell Heisman. But LSU wants to run the ball and these recruits know that, so they know they will get plenty of action. If a recruit and his parents are serious in getting the RB in the best situation they will want him to be safe and not physically harmed.

I am not sure if # of carries will have anything to do it. But good luck to Akers on what ever he decides.
The "best situation" is not under NCAA allegations. Doubt parents would want Akers to play for us, although that would be great. Bill D, we had that discussion before but I disagree with you.

Got any more gems there bud?

Guess he didn't want to play big boy football. If a player is a competitor he wants to play with and against the best and that is the SEC.

LOL!

The "best situation" is not under NCAA allegations. Doubt parents would want Akers to play for us, although that would be great. Bill D, we had that discussion before but I disagree with you.
I agree NCAA sanctions scare recruits. I was talking about the best place for his physical well being. LSU really does make a practice of not wearing its RBs out before they graduate. It is a little selfish. They want fresh legs in the 4th quarter. LSU wanted Akers, but knew we were sucking hind tit. Orgeron is having a problem with negative recruiting. "He's nothing but a DL coach." LSU has the 5th or 6th best class in the country with a good chance of it getting better. It's kind of remarkable the way O has held the class together. There were a few defections but all but one has come back.

Reactions: Reblarry
This thread is an EPIC fail. Thanks for the laugh! [roll]
2142D407-BFFD-4657-B071-6AE835222112_zpsdxzvoxrc.gif

Reactions: billywaynebama

Yep, got retired around 7pm last night. : )

I agree NCAA sanctions scare recruits. I was talking about the best place for his physical well being. LSU really does make a practice of not wearing its RBs out before they graduate. It is a little selfish. They want fresh legs in the 4th quarter. LSU wanted Akers, but knew we were sucking hind tit. Orgeron is having a problem with negative recruiting. "He's nothing but a DL coach." LSU has the 5th or 6th best class in the country with a good chance of it getting better. It's kind of remarkable the way O has held the class together. There were a few defections but all but one has come back.
I always did like Orgeron. He was tough and demanded results. Pulling for him at LSU!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT