ADVERTISEMENT

Can you teach an old dog new tricks? (political)

NeatoPluto

Two-Star Prospect
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2021
The last 8 years Trump has made his campaign almost completely about himself. As it stands today, he is on track to lose for the second time. He must pivot and reach voters beyond his base, that means he can't make this about him or his personality. At nearly 80 years old I'm not sure he can accomplish this goal and change course. There is no reason this race should be close, but the fact that he is now trailing in nearly every battleground state shows how flawed of a candidate he has become for independents and moderates. If he loses in November, will he blame everyone other than himself, will the GOP re-nominate him again in 2028? I am convinced another 4 years of dem economic policy will send the US in a serious recission.

I really hope he beats Harris, but he desperately needs to change course or she will beat him handedly. Can he realistically change the course of his campaign in the next 79 days?

Sorry for the rant, I just like feel like he is letting this slip away when this race shouldn't be remotely close given her record and the role she has played the last 4 years....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.